Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 AM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
if ordering from fragalot i have devised a purchasing plan when it comes to ordering from fragalot to make the buyers have better success. its by no means rude to burc just from the orders i have been a part of i have learned the hard way and came up with a 6 step plan to ensure my own happyness if i ever get brave enough to order again.
What are your six steps?

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:34 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

You all know my experience with Fragalot/Burc.

I am also curious to see how this turns out. I do sort of wonder if his track record is mostly with his SPS or if it is with the others as well.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveycoopa View Post
What are your six steps?
1: do not order from website with group orders or if your order is over the 250 for free shipping. email burc to send a paypal request for your total cost. this way you will never get burnt for the shipping.

2: if a group order is done be sure to have a master list and have one person list ppl involved .. thier emails and the numbers they ordered. burc loses his emails and it causes confusion.

3; before you start a group order email burc and have him update his list or ask when it was last updated. this way you can be sure what you order is what you will get. give or take but still a 50 50 chance.

4: never order in cold weather the frags cant handle it and the heat packs barely last. try to order or ship on warmish winter weeks or spring/ summer. do not order if he says he is leaving the country fro 2 months. wait untill he returns.

5: never order sps if at all possible. or make sure they have been fragged and mounted long before. just order zoos pallys,acans and rics and anythng but sps. your chance of survival is better. everything ive ordered sps wise died within a week. he sometimes breaks it off a colony he picks up locally and glues and ships or not on frag rock. no healing period. buy your sps from fellow reefers. save your money (although he will reimburse if doa but it just becomes a pain and you seem to be makeing new orders to cover the doa's) in a way smart plan yet frustrating.

6; lastly dont be afraid to hound burc he is slow to reply sometimes but if you are pleasant in the emails he gets back faster no mater how stresed you are.

i have gotten alot of great frags from him. and i have had alot of duds again 50 50 but none of the sps has ever survived. only pieces i have recieved from fellow reefers on this site. have i had any success with sps.

as others have posted and others i know have had great luck. itmay just be like buying a car if it was made on a friday it will be a lemon.

lastly this is just my experience over 3 orders in one year span in talking withburc on the phone he seems sincere and does truly try and even tried to make amends on last order buy shipping a new order to all ppl involved, he bit the shippingi give him kudos for that. it was a rough summer for him

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428

Last edited by lockrookie; 02-18-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 AM

reefan is on a distinguished road

I have done a few orders but won't anymore. The box was soggy & wet both times from bags leaking, several DOA pieces, No refund except him saying he will make it up on a future order (that's how he gets you to keep ordering) & in group orders he can't be bothered to mark anything on the bags for who it's for & what it is.
When buying online I now only order from Coral Master, his shipping is second to none, all corals are double bagged with everything clearly labeled with no DOA pieces.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks lockrookie for your tips. We are going to try this out as I had an email from him telling me he will do what we ask with names etc. Will post when we get our goodies!

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 AM

so nlreefguy what was the order like? did it come?

Old 02-23-2011, 01:17 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveycoopa View Post
so nlreefguy what was the order like? did it come?
Haha, no can't say I'm surprised but I haven't received anything yet and he hasn't responded to my inquiries via email. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now (not much else I can do right now anyway!) and keep the thread updated.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

Geez, I wrote that too fast. When I checked my email immediately afterwards, there was a reply from him. He said that there was a holiday and he totally forgot about it. He is going to ship the order next monday and is going to make up for it by adding a few extras. We'll see what happens next week I guess.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlreefguy View Post
Geez, I wrote that too fast. When I checked my email immediately afterwards, there was a reply from him. He said that there was a holiday and he totally forgot about it. He is going to ship the order next monday and is going to make up for it by adding a few extras. We'll see what happens next week I guess.
What holiday was that? Damn I missed one? Or did he take Monday off as it was a holiday in the states..
Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

It was Family Day here in Alberta, did not realize they have it to in Ontario.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build