Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road
Default Road bike and Hybrid/city

I have recently decided that i would like to get into road cycling since running isn't really in the cards due to various injuries/surgery. I am not sure if it would be something I will participate such as racing but it is defiantly an option further down the road

Initially i was looking into various road bikes. Since I am a bit timid of full diving into the sport i was thinking about going with a hybrid/city bike. Mainly the Devinci stolkholm. Any of you cyclists have any input on whether or not to go with the city bike or drop the extra cash for a full on road bike?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 AM

freerider is on a distinguished road

ahh bikes, don't buy one.. its a disease, it never stops at one.. i now own 4 of the damn things. as Far a road bikes go, i am a big fan of my specialized tarmac. I think you can get a 09 brand new one for roughly 1500, in Alberta anyways. i wouldn't go with a cruiser/hybrid, especially if you thinking there's a possibility of maybe racing down the road. if your not looking at spending that much cash this is about the time roadies are wanting to sell rigs cheap for the new stuff for 2010 season.
i recommend a road bike, but that's just me
if i were you id just go buy myself a full on downhill rig, kelowna has got some amazing trails
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

You know the correct number of bikes to own is "one more" right?

Devinci is a sexy bike. Not familiar with that particular model as I'm more a downhiller/mountain biker, but my DH bike is a Devinci and love it.

Way easier on your joints to bike.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Just one more you say? Commuter hybrid bikes are built for speed on the streets, but still survive on light trails.

I ordered a Sedona LX from Giant (Cyclepath in Kelowna) earlier in the week. Really looking forward to it, and it was a decent price. (cheap)

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/...lx/5438/39301/
Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider View Post
as Far a road bikes go, i am a big fan of my specialized tarmac. I think you can get a 09 brand new one for roughly 1500, in Alberta anyways.
What model tarmac are you riding? I have been looking at these online.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

If you're not thinking of ever riding trails, definately go road bike. Or get one of each
Old 03-31-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazerine View Post
Just one more you say? Commuter hybrid bikes are built for speed on the streets, but still survive on light trails.

I ordered a Sedona LX from Giant (Cyclepath in Kelowna) earlier in the week. Really looking forward to it, and it was a decent price. (cheap)

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/...lx/5438/39301/
Who did you deal with there? Dave hooked me up with a bike today. Really great guy. didn't push anything, and gave a variety of options to go with for things like pedals and such.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 AM

And what i picked up!

Took it out for a ride today... I am soooooooooo out of shape as far as cardio goes. I guess 5 months off will do that to you. Felt great to be on there though!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 AM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezetyle View Post
Who did you deal with there? Dave hooked me up with a bike today. Really great guy. didn't push anything, and gave a variety of options to go with for things like pedals and such.
I deal with Gary the owner, or Matt (who is one of my sister's good friends). How much did you get that badboy for? :P

PS: you might soon regret a straight street bike after you ride the roads of Kelowna
Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezetyle View Post
And what i picked up!
Hells Ya!!