Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:43 AM

Kevotron is on a distinguished road

People changing their minds, emailing the vendor or the vendor being too busy I can totally understand.
However that still doesn't explain.. 1. DOA frags 2. Frags that don't match the order/pictures.
I was involved in a group order (4+ ppl) yet 80% of our total order were dead or not what we expected based on the pictures.
1 or 2 guys not happy with his product can be construed as bad luck
but not when majority of members are experiencing the same thing.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 AM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

I have never ordered form this vendor, have thought about it a few times in the past though, but due to feed back I have seen on here I would be cautious. Keep in mind he used to be a vendor on Canreef and they dropped him.

This is one thread that sprang to mind. (Among others)
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...resolved+issue
Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 AM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road

Come to maple ridge and check out my corals, they look just like the pictures in my threads and they're cheap! NO Shipping required, no guess work, you come, you look, you buy, or...not! PM Me or look up my thread "More Nice Frags" I'll give a deal if you buy a bunch too. Cheers-MM

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:17 PM

Buzz is on a distinguished road

I've done two orders from Burc now and he's been great to me. The first order the shipping company left the box on my step in January with out ringing the door bell needless to say they froze by the time I went outside lost everything. He sent me a whole new order no questions asked and everything showed up looking fine with a few extras. I've never done a group order through him so I can't comment on that. I'd give him an A+ for my dealing so far and I will be going back.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:19 PM

TheKid is on a distinguished road
Default hmm

see this is the problem i keep getting mixed reviews, some people say he do an amazing job others say he is the worst. may be ill try for my self?

~*~*Stefan*~*~
Formally known as Svaningen
35 gallon Red Sea Max
Only 16 years old!!!!
CALL AFTER 3:00 ON WEEKDAYS. 604 782 3313
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Buzz is on a distinguished road

I would do a small order and see what happens.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

I honestly think if you do a single order or only have 1 person deal with Burc you will have no problem.

Most want the free shipping though so you need a $250+ order.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Group orders I think were a little overwhelming (especially the BC ones where we had at least 8 to 10 members).

My personal order, on the other hand, went through fairly smoothly. Like BWA stated, I wouldn't try a group buy (too many chances of miscommunication), but the single order is probably a safer bet.

Anthony
Old 12-31-2009, 01:09 AM

Fox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Honestly I can say I haven't had a bad experience with Burc. I told him if he screwed up everone will know, and if he did a good job everone will know.

I have made 5 orders with him in the past totalling over $1000,and have had no REAL issues with him, except for a delay. The longest I waited was 3 weeks, but that was during the time he had his new daughter.

He even tagged on other peoples orders or replacements to my orders at times to save people money and time. A couple of Canreef people can attest to that, and I can name them personally but I won't.

You have to understand, most people will try a group order to get the free shipping. The only problem with that is EVERONE emails Burc on changes & such. Not the 1 person that organizes the group order. I can see that taxing on any vendor. Even J&L has a policy on that http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...cies.php#group, and I would too if I sold items that required group purchases.

Yes people have had bad experiences with Fragalot, but they do with all vendors at one time or another, we are not perfect.

But you know what? People with "Bad" experiences are louder than those that have had "good" ones. That is a fact of life.

My 2 cents,

Ken - BWA
I will step up as one of the people that have had nothing but good experience"s" with Burc!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:15 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Parkinsn already provided a link to my thread where I have had an unresolved issue with Fragalot.

I would honestly say buyer beware. If you want to test him out.. I would suggest to make a small order over around $100.

Or better yet, look for a vendor near to you or a hobbiest near to you who frags and sells what you want and is willing to keep them in their system long enough to heal a little before you pick them up. That way you know what you are actually getting and see the quality first hand.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Closed Thread