Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-12-2009, 04:46 AM

Blom is on a distinguished road

Ive heard of an iPhone app that can be used with Neptune's aquanotes software. From my understanding it has to be the full program, the lite will not do. I just picked up an Jr today, after I figure it out a little I was going to try the iPhone app out. Ill let you know

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank
Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I had to dig through a pile of dead computers to find one with a serial port! I have to get the lan card on my profilux working, that reef status program is perfect for what I want.
There is software available that will allow a USB connection to emulate a serial port. Sorry I don't have a link to offer right now, but a quick search should yield a number of results fairly quickly, the one I use is freeware.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 AM

leslie hempel is on a distinguished road

i think aquatronica and profilux offer this action via a sms hub but not sure if it will be compatable with blackberry etc
Old 06-12-2009, 05:06 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Melev over at RC uses his iPhone in conjunction with the Aquanotes app. and his controller, Neptune?, to monitor his system.

The RKE and I think the cheaper version of the RKE-Lite, both come with NET modules which allows distance monitoring via the internet.

I'm also a Blackberry user, Storm, however there are 0 apps out there for me that relate so I do everything via the internet.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Melev over at RC uses his iPhone in conjunction with the Aquanotes app. and his controller, Neptune?, to monitor his system.

The RKE and I think the cheaper version of the RKE-Lite, both come with NET modules which allows distance monitoring via the internet.

I'm also a Blackberry user, Storm, however there are 0 apps out there for me that relate so I do everything via the internet.
How do you like the Storm? I have the Curve 8900 but I think I would have rather got the Storm now...
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM

My Brother and a few friends all have the storm, and their overall consensus is very negative. I know a few of the complaints, like how slow it is from screen to screen. I purchased an iPhone around the same time my brother picked up his storm, which I think added to his dislike. Side by side comparison, well there is no comparison. The iPhone IMO is the way to go (Still deciding if I like Rogers or not). Blackberry's I like, just not the storm. I used to have the Curve 8330, for just over a year and I was very satisfied. Maybe when blackberrys apps store gets going it will help the storm catch up a bit to the apples. (Come to think of it the apps store should be open, or close).

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 06-12-2009, 07:23 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
How do you like the Storm? I have the Curve 8900 but I think I would have rather got the Storm now...
Its not bad, but its not phenomenal either. The handset is good, its the software that has problems. Although I have heard it from a few trusty sources that Telus is looking to pick up the iPhone early fall. I'll be transitioning to the iPhone if they get it. The Storm is glitchy and slow overall, the graphics are nice, and the screen size is a nice upgrade from some of the older BBs. I do A LOT of texting (30K + in a month) along with tons of emails (~100 outgoing/day), and chatting. It works well for my needs, but other people find it lacks in other areas.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
If you want a full on touchscreen phone.... Iphone is the way to go.

I love my BB Bold, but even I am considering jumping ship from BB and going to the Iphone... a decision I went against when I got the Bold.. Hindsight is 20/20 ... haha

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM

iPhone on telus. That would be nice. I remember Bell and Telus announced sometime last year that they were going to build a joint GSM network. Other than that I have no idea. Would be nice to have telus coverage

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Its not bad, but its not phenomenal either. The handset is good, its the software that has problems. Although I have heard it from a few trusty sources that Telus is looking to pick up the iPhone early fall. I'll be transitioning to the iPhone if they get it. The Storm is glitchy and slow overall, the graphics are nice, and the screen size is a nice upgrade from some of the older BBs. I do A LOT of texting (30K + in a month) along with tons of emails (~100 outgoing/day), and chatting. It works well for my needs, but other people find it lacks in other areas.
30,000 text's per MONTH?????? That's 1.44msgs per min for 43,200 consecutive mins............ That doesn't take into account the time when you are sleeping/eating/etc...............

Might wanna see a Dr...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988