Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 AM

geeluk is on a distinguished road

Got a reply, for the mp40 its $365 USD Shipped to USA address. Its done through Paypal and Vendor will send the invoice by email. Not that great considering the exchange and the lack of service if there was any problems.

Last edited by geeluk; 03-29-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 AM

Oscar is on a distinguished road

I have had a Vortech20 for about 4 months? Got one of the first that arrived at J&L. This unit is virtually noise free, I put have to pretty well put my ear up against the unit to hear it.

It has now replaced my Koralia 1 and I have removed the Hydor random flow generator off of my return nozzle. Currently the unit is set to Lagoon Random Mode. I had tried the wave mode when I first got the unit but no luck creating a wave. I think I will try it again.

The unit really does suck up a lot of detritus and keeps it suspended allowing it to be captured through the overflow.

Another point not mentioned before is that the wet unit is really easy to clean. Plus you can add a battery unit that will keep the power head working for ~36 hours.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:46 AM

sitandwatch is on a distinguished road

I still have quite a bit of detritus floating around since I added it this morning so good Its coming out bad my tank looks messy.

if I really really concentrate I can almost hear mine from about 10 feet away with any back ground noise I cant hear it at all.

The best price I found would be $350 CAN the group bye was $250 US but by the time you add shipping, conversion alone it was more.