Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
This post is directed at the general population, not asmodeus in particular:

Sorry to point it out, but if you don't like your work's monetary compensation (talking to everyone here not just asmodeus), why don't you get a different job?

Honestly, I think there are too many people in this world that want everything for nothing. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get what you want (whether that be monetary or otherwise). I gave up practically my entire life for the winter so I could work on the oil rigs and make some good cash so I can do a few things I've wanted to do for a long time (like travel). The winter has been long and tough with very few days off, little thanks, and I work crazy hours (one of many stretches was 13 hours sleep in 10 days), but it has paid off for me. If it didn't give me what I was after (in my case monetary gain) I wouldn't be doing it.

I don't believe the Canadian military should have a presence in Iraq right now, so I have a hard time supporting our government paying a large amount to the troops. I understand that asmodeus probably works physically quite hard, for this I have a lot of respect to anyone, and believe there should be decent monetary gain by doing so (just not in Iraq eep).

Oops, I think I opened a can of worms.

Asmodeus...by the looks of your tank and its inhabitants and equipment, (really nice!!) it doesn't look like you're doing really all that bad financially.
I hate to say it, but that kind of had the ring of a whine...
that didn't sound like someone who loved their job, it sounded like someone who was left with a choice of making lots of money, or being comfortable and happy...

I am in agreement with you about some of your stances on the us and our ties to them but I also detect a note of hypocrisy here in regards to both of you seem to do what you gotta do to get by (getting by being of different strokes for different folks)....
and whats wrong with trying to voice your frustration with a community of friends?
Closed Thread