Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 PM

FishGeek is on a distinguished road

Why don't you do this. Make a sign and post it outside the store. Say money was found and to see store manager to claim it. If the real owner of the cash shows up, they have to turn it over. If they don't you can call the cops. Do you rememnber exactly how much cash there was?

Simon
Old 04-23-2003, 09:21 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Hehe. That would mean more time and effort on my part. Yes, I do remember the exact amount. The lady/supervisor already claimed (though suspiciously and conveniently) that a person came in and claimed the money. But she was the one who told me that the money belongs to them yesterday and that since money is not identifiable, that no one can claim it, not even me, so the story is fishy. All I wanted was to talk to the manager and have this story verified. If the manager and the supervisor agreed on the story then that's good enough for me. But the manager wasn't willing to talk. I'm really surprised at the rude treatment by the 2 people. I'm willing to just forget about it and move on now. I've cooled off.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:31 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_77
Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
all i have to say is that i have known a few people who work at quizno's - i advise all calgarians to avoid the locations in the NW. people think mcdonalds is bad, i can say that in the two and a half years i worked there, i never saw any of the stereotypic spiteful actions being engaged in - in one night hanging out in quizno's, i saw them all.
Ah shoot, Quinn, I've eaten at the Country Hills location... feeling a little queasy now...

Is the day shift any better??

nooooooo....

actually the day shift was better, but not by much. i ate there too, if it makes you feel any better... of course, i watched them make the stuff, and they were making their own at the same time, and so on... bunch of hooligans though.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 04-24-2003, 02:08 AM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I suggest you send a registered letter to the manager stating that if he does not return your money within 14 days you will take him to small claims court.

You can file a suit in small claims court at low cost to yourself. Once you win the suit, the manager owes you the money, plus the cost of you filing the claim, plus your expenses including transportation to small claims court and your time.

I am not a lawyer but I researched this a few years ago in preparing for a small claims suit.

If the money is not worth a small claims suit then there are sites on the internet with creative ways to get revenge on people including listing their home phone number on a swingers' personal site etc.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:15 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

i like the second solution best nothing quite like a personal vendetta against a fast food employee.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 04-24-2003, 02:36 AM

Remind me not to get on some of your bad sides when it comes to money.

I think your ideas are great. However, I think I'm going to just limit my revenge to just not patronizing their restaurant anymore. If the small amount of cash that they stole was more important to them than keeping a customer happy and worth yelling at a customer for even thinking about claiming possession of the found item, then they'll just lose my business. I spend about $40/month there on lunch.

There's no way I can prove that they kept the money in court. They'll just say that they found the person who lost the money and gave it back to them. And there's no way that I can prove otherwise and they know that.

Quote:
nothing quite like a personal vendetta against a fast food employee.
The 2 part-time employees that I handed the money to were innocent. They actually said I could pick it up near closing time. It was the 2 owner/managers that were rude and unethical with one saying that I can't claim it and that I should have just kept it in the first place. I told her that it was standard practise for the finder to claim found unclaimed items and then the reply was "give me some more time to find the owner of the money and call us back tomorrow". Hm, I guess they found the owner didn't they. Not surprising at all. When I tried to talk to the other "manager" the next day to verify her story, she won't give me his name or put him on the phone. I tried a few more times and still couldn't get to the bottom of it. They knew that if they made it hard for me, I'll give up eventually and go away. Well, case closed, lesson learned. If you find money next time, keep it and give your number to the store in case the person comes back looking for it they can call you and claim it if they know the exact amount lost. Or just go out and buy a coral with it.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:02 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

You were at a Quizno's Sam........
Old 04-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Yeah! Whats up Sam? Too many nights out at The Cannery??

LOL.....

BTW, Em and I found this great little place in Victoria. You got a budget??

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB
You were at a Quizno's Sam........
I like toasted subs. Now where am I going to go for toasted subs, err??
Old 04-24-2003, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5

BTW, Em and I found this great little place in Victoria. You got a budget??
Sure, but no wine for me next time thanks.