Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 AM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

Sold to the guy who showed up with cash in hand.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 AM

kaitie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kaitie
Thumbs down tank

ya after we made a deal with you man, that wasnt so super. would have paid more if you had at least let us know
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default Hmm

Without knowing the full story I will interject the following statement. First to the member that was selling the tank, If you do in fact have a deal, verbal or otherwise you should stick to it or at least give them first opportunity to match a price. That is kind of the idea of this reef site. It not only gives people the opportunity to exchange ideas and support, it allows other members to buy and sell their used and new products to fellow members. If you did strike a deal with another member and did not give them a time frame in which to come up with the money, IMO that was not very ethical. It would have been very simple to state to them that it must be picked up within 24 hrs. As to the member who lost out on the tank, if you had a deal you must also realize that there are several instances where you see an item up for sale and a thread that says deal pending, then you also see deal fell through. In this case you cant expect a member to hang on to an item unless you confirm a time and place within reason that you are going to pick up the item. The old saying "You snooze, You lose" is very often the case whether it is in this forum or any any other market. To a person selling an item it is often a case of "Money talks and B* Walks" You cant expect any member to hold an item on any site for any amount of time as they are trying to move an item as quickly as possible. If someone comes up with the cash the item will usually be gone. The moral of this post is if you see something on the site that is for sale and you really want it, don't mess around, go get it right away because if you don't it wont stay around for you. Lesson learned..
Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

Thanks for your words of wisdom dsaundry.

I don't want to get into a big ethical debate over this. There have been plenty of people who claimed to want the tank over the past month, but none showed up until last night. Thats all I will say.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 03-30-2008, 06:44 PM

kaitie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kaitie

sooo over it, spent my 400 on a macaw her name is daisy
Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny zubot View Post
Thanks for your words of wisdom dsaundry.

I don't want to get into a big ethical debate over this. There have been plenty of people who claimed to want the tank over the past month, but none showed up until last night. Thats all I will say.

I couldnt agree more. I cant tell you how many times people have sent me PM's about the corals I was offering.. saying they want this.. that.. and the other.. So then a person shows up with cash.. and I tell them they arent available.. then the first person is never heard from again. So yes.. if you want something PAY FOR IT or its not yours to complain about later when its gone.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:41 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road
Default yup

Thanks for the tank Danny, very good to deal with you! If theres a next time il make sure to close your door so I dont let wandering children out of your house .
Levi