Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-06-2005, 05:59 AM

sasha is on a distinguished road
Default uncured live rock, is it dangerous?

Hi Guys,

Just bought 2 pieces of VANUATU live rock form J&L. Apparently it is not cured. Well, here is the situation. My tank is cycling for two weeks, still have ammonia, guys in J&L said that it would be safe to put a rock, even though uncured, into the tank, since there is no fish there. I am now wondering will it cure itself or I should undergo a specific procedure? I am not in the rush so I can wait. My current setup is 30G, 302 power head, prizm skimmer, fluval 204, coralife lunarlite 2x65W.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

It will be fine putting it in your tank to cycle, since your tank hasn't finished cycling anyways. Now is the perfect time to add any rock you want to, esp when you don't have any critters in there that could be affected by the cycling process

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:22 AM

sasha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5
It will be fine putting it in your tank to cycle, since your tank hasn't finished cycling anyways. Now is the perfect time to add any rock you want to, esp when you don't have any critters in there that could be affected by the cycling process
Hey Christy!

Thanks!!! Now I am going to wait
Old 11-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Renegade is on a distinguished road

hey just a little food for thought.

With regards to your fluval you might want to take it off your system or run it empty. I was running a filter on my 45g and had tons of problems i decieded to run it empty one day (xp1) and all my troubles started to clear up. now i just use it for running my UV starilizer and carbon every once in awhile. unless your changing the foam every day, it just becomes a factory for decomposing crap. Just something i learn along the way.

anyways thats just my two cents

Renegade