Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

lol I personally don't care what your beliefs are in the matter. I would rather be safe than sorry, the doctor didn't seem to think it was unneccesary for me to be there. I also phoned the health link line.. i had NO plans on going to emerg, just to a walk-in clinic for a quick EKG.. they sent me to emerg.

man oh man... whatever you say or think.. does not matter to me. i did what i did, and im glad im ok. from what the doctor said, i could have easily done some serious damage to myself. so if next time you get a bad shock (not 1 , I got 2) you can do what you want, and like the nurse said.. there are no symptoms most of the time with things like this , if it were something wrong with my heart... hahahaha ANYWAYS thanks for the sympathy . not as if im looking for any anyhow.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:46 PM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDP
lol I personally don't care what your beliefs are in the matter. I would rather be safe than sorry, the doctor didn't seem to think it was unneccesary for me to be there. I also phoned the health link line.. i had NO plans on going to emerg, just to a walk-in clinic for a quick EKG.. they sent me to emerg.

man oh man... whatever you say or think.. does not matter to me. i did what i did, and im glad im ok. from what the doctor said, i could have easily done some serious damage to myself. so if next time you get a bad shock (not 1 , I got 2) you can do what you want, and like the nurse said.. there are no symptoms most of the time with things like this , if it were something wrong with my heart... hahahaha ANYWAYS thanks for the sympathy . not as if im looking for any anyhow.

Hey scott calm down

Back in the good ole days
Old 05-19-2005, 08:17 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Get a GFCI. If you don't feel comfortable installing a GFCI then you can buy a plug-in one on-line.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:49 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

OCDP,

I spent an evening in emerg a few weeks back when I got some goo from some frags I was working with on my lips. The stuff made its way into my system and I was dizzy, numb, headachy - in short, I kinda poisoned myself. By the time the dr. saw me, after two hours of waiting, my symptoms had subsided. He checked me for stroke and heart problems and sent me home.

Glad you are alright. I'd freak if I got shocked the way you did

When in doubt, man, go to emerg

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 05-20-2005, 07:31 AM

fishguyxd is on a distinguished road

Rona also sells a gfi plug adaptor
Old 05-20-2005, 01:40 PM

whaase is on a distinguished road

If I shocked myself and went to our emerg., I'd be dead from the wait.

Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
OCDP,

I spent an evening in emerg a few weeks back when I got some goo from some frags I was working with on my lips. The stuff made its way into my system and I was dizzy, numb, headachy - in short, I kinda poisoned myself. By the time the dr. saw me, after two hours of waiting, my symptoms had subsided. He checked me for stroke and heart problems and sent me home.

*Ebo - 100w Heater
*250w PFO HQI w/XM20k
Old 05-20-2005, 02:33 PM

Tangman is on a distinguished road

Isn't that the TRUTH!!!!!!!! HAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaase

Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
OCDP,

Old 05-20-2005, 02:56 PM

Troy F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You went to the emergency room? I think you are a little paranoid. Ive been knocked out from electric shocks and have never gone to the hospital. If you can get up and walk your fine.
That statement is just plain wrong; specifically the last sentence. Despite not having any noticable symptoms you can die hours later from heart trouble caused by the current disrupting the electric impulses in your heart. Apparently it can be a fairly minor shock too.

I once cut through 640v line that fed a gas station in Surrey. It blew the trasformer out on the street, traffic lights were down and the force of it threw me back about six feet into a wall. I was really lucky the way the stars were aligned and only had flash burns (fairly bad ones) so the ambulance came, took me to emergency and to make a long story short: I had to argue with the Doctor to let me go. They had me hooked up to heart monitoring devices and explained that it's important to be very careful for the first 24hrs when hit with electrical current. The plastic surgeon came in and confirmed what I'd been trying to say about the burns (flash not exit) and I finally got out.

Having said that most electricians get shocked fairly frequently and probably don't go to the hospital and are no worse for wear but there's no harm in being safe.

lusus naturae
Old 05-20-2005, 02:59 PM

johnny rock is on a distinguished road

GFCI is an absolute MUST in this hobby!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaase

Walter
If people only went to the ER when it was a real emergency (as opposed to a cold) the waits wouldn't be as bad. That is why I favour user fees for the emergency room, it would make people think before going there.

As far as electrocution injury, an ER visit is necessary, but a GFCI could have prevented it in the first place.