Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

For me running is nice alone time. Good music and nature. Funny I think most people would like to have a running partner but I doubt I could do it. They do say if you're running often that it should be at a pace where you *could* carry on little bits of a conversation with someone without too much trouble.

Forgot to mention that in the beginning I was about 225lbs. It was still nice out so I was in a shorts and t-shirt. This meant I shook like Santa. Maybe it's silly but all my initial running this year was done at night as I did feel a bit self-conscious.

If you're going to run in the winter (this has been a first for me) get tights, windproof pants for over the tights, running jacket, mitts, toque and balaclava. This way you can layer up and down (mostly tights or tights and pants... toque or balaclava or once i needed a toque OVER the balaclava) and not worry about freezing out there. I find while it can be slippery right now if it's -10 or colder the snow is crunchy and not slick... and the snow is easier on my knees.

Word of warning about the balaclava...I'm pretty tall and when I meet people out there (fish creek park) dressed all in black with a rapist mask on I don't always get a wave back.

For a cute spin to this thread here's a little gaffer I spotted on one run: