Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default To feed?

So i just recently purchased 2 feather dusters. After doing some research im getting a lot of mixed reviews. There are ppl who say they never feed their dusters once and there are those who feed it with canned clam juice. What are you guys experiences with these beautiful creatures!! Also i never really feed my lps corals either ( hammer/frogspawn) should i give them a couple pumps of clam juice a week?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
So i just recently purchased 2 feather dusters. After doing some research im getting a lot of mixed reviews. There are ppl who say they never feed their dusters once and there are those who feed it with canned clam juice. What are you guys experiences with these beautiful creatures!! Also i never really feed my lps corals either ( hammer/frogspawn) should i give them a couple pumps of clam juice a week?
Feather dusters are filter feeders and so they do need microorganisms floating in the water. People have success without target feeding them because matured tanks have the floating stuffs that filter feeders need.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Close of all your pumps and power heads for an hour and using a turkey blaster and squirt some live phytoplankton in them

Place a small fresh shrimp in each head of your lps once a week
Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Close of all your pumps and power heads for an hour and using a turkey blaster and squirt some live phytoplankton in them

Place a small fresh shrimp in each head of your lps once a week
can i just spray some mysis shrimp into it
Old 05-31-2013, 01:35 AM

Starry is on a distinguished road

they DO need fed...Ive had good results with zeovit sponge power. Small as in microscopic foods.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I have 3 feather dusters in my tank 2 are hitch hikers and the third I bought I have never fed mine and all 3 have grown quite abit

They do not require light as they are as others have stated plankton eaters if your tank is mature with lots of floaties supplemental feeding is not required if your tank is relatively new and still maturing supplemental feeding should be done.

In the end it is up to you as to whether you supplemental feed or not its a personal choice.