Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 PM

sewerman45 is on a distinguished road
Default Recently acquired a 14g Biocube and am a complete beginner to salt water.

I recently bought a 14g Oceanic Biocube and would like to do some kind of nano reef. I have never done salt water of any kind before though. I have a planted freshwater community tank that I have spent a lot of time and money on and am excited for a new adventure. I am looking for some beginner guides and reading material as well as some ideas or examples of what I can do with this.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM

fishpoops is on a distinguished road

I went and am going through the same thing. Started beginning of April. There are lots of guides in the forum in the main forum page scroll down and you will find them. A little bit of google will help too. Lots of good info out there. The nice thing about the cycle is it gives you more time to read up once you figure out your beginning set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman45 View Post
I recently bought a 14g Oceanic Biocube and would like to do some kind of nano reef. I have never done salt water of any kind before though. I have a planted freshwater community tank that I have spent a lot of time and money on and am excited for a new adventure. I am looking for some beginner guides and reading material as well as some ideas or examples of what I can do with this.

Thanks!
First off welcome to the world of salt water and the joys and pleasures and empty wallet syndrome

The web site has a ton of good reference info here and many of the members have good info as well I did a write up when I first got into this and it will give you a good base starting point but it is not the end all be all and you don't have to follow its just a guideline

Link: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91423

I will recommend going to A reputable LFS like J&L aquatics or posting here for any info there are as I said a ton of very experienced people on this site and can maybe show you some cost saving tips as well because SW hobby is not cheap to start up
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Sent you PM.