Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM

syncro is on a distinguished road
Default FS: 12" Green Haddoni Carpet Anemone - Calgary

Selling this Haddoni carpet anemone. I love this animal and have changed my mind a hundred times but it really limits what can be done with my small 40g tank.

Species: Stichodactyla haddoni
Size: about 12" diameter
Price: $150
Health: healthy individual, fully expands during the day, mouth is closed except when I change something in the tank, it has been with me 1 year
Tank conditions: needs a super stable tank, established filtration (6mo+), high amount of light, medium flow and at least 3" deep sand bed to bury its foot into. The stable part is important - water params, livestock, and environment. I found adding dry rock to the tank stressed it out. Smaller tanks will need to be dedicated to this carpet - it will definitely limit your options for livestock and making changes to the tank.
Compatibility: Sexy shrimp and porcelain anemone crabs love it. It has eaten the occasional snail. The previous owner lost several fish to it. I'd be wary of any bottom swimming fishes. I keep it with occelaris clownfish and banggai cardinals without problems. The BTA stressed it out for the first 4 months - so I had to remove the BTA for a while.

Please consider buying only if you are willing to take care of this animal. I've learned they are really demanding. This isn't a good choice if you like to change things up frequenly (frequently as far as reef tanks are concerned . They are thought to live for centuries in the wild and likely reproduce on this timeframe as well. If you don't agree with their care requirements, I respect that but please don't purchase this individual.

If interested, let me know a bit about your tank.

Thanks!
Brian/Syncro

See video on flickr

[/quote]
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

Your not coming to Edmonton anytime soon ?

360 Reef Tank
Old 04-21-2013, 01:29 PM

Lexy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncro View Post
Selling this Haddoni carpet anemone. I love this animal and have changed my mind a hundred times but it really limits what can be done with my small 40g tank.

Species: Stichodactyla haddoni
Size: about 12" diameter
Price: $150
Health: healthy individual, fully expands during the day, mouth is closed except when I change something in the tank, it has been with me 1 year
Tank conditions: needs a super stable tank, established filtration (6mo+), high amount of light, medium flow and at least 3" deep sand bed to bury its foot into. The stable part is important - water params, livestock, and environment. I found adding dry rock to the tank stressed it out. Smaller tanks will need to be dedicated to this carpet - it will definitely limit your options for livestock and making changes to the tank.
Compatibility: Sexy shrimp and porcelain anemone crabs love it. It has eaten the occasional snail. The previous owner lost several fish to it. I'd be wary of any bottom swimming fishes. I keep it with occelaris clownfish and banggai cardinals without problems. The BTA stressed it out for the first 4 months - so I had to remove the BTA for a while.

Please consider buying only if you are willing to take care of this animal. I've learned they are really demanding. This isn't a good choice if you like to change things up frequenly (frequently as far as reef tanks are concerned . They are thought to live for centuries in the wild and likely reproduce on this timeframe as well. If you don't agree with their care requirements, I respect that but please don't purchase this individual.

If interested, let me know a bit about your tank.

Thanks!
Brian/Syncro

See video on flickr

[/quote]

pm sent
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 View Post
Your not coming to Edmonton anytime soon ?
No sorry! I did buy this individual from another canreefer in Edmonton though
Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 AM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread, but is this still for sale?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 AM

Sold. Good luck with your search. They are amazing animals (but really picky)