Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 04-02-2013, 04:07 AM

Melpop is on a distinguished road
Default Vancouver area help

I have set up a 75 gallon reef system not long ago and my tank was recently devastated by ich. I have had freshwater fish for at least 10 years and have never had a problem with ich before! I have purchased everything from one store that is supposed to have a very good rep but I have found their advice to be terrible. Not sure if it is who I talked to but I am not happy. Where do you all buy your fish from? Im ready to start new, with a QT tank now

Cheers
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 AM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

First of all.. Welcome with the wonderful world of saltwater aquarium.

it takes few weeks get rid of icks in a quarantine system without add in any new fish in the system. However most of the store has weekly shipment, hence there will always be icks in the system.

Reef tank is harder to get rid of ick if there is some present in the system, since you can't medicate the system with coral and inverts.

without any fish in the system, icks should die out over 3 months period.

check out grezz44 tank build thread. He quarantine his system by the book.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3