Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM

Amadod2 is on a distinguished road
Default doser help

Hi im looking to set up a doser set up, just wondering what you guys are using out there, i preferably would like to have it all automated.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

I have a GHL stand alone doser. Has worked flawlessly for 3 years and is fairly easy to program. There are less expensive units out there but I have not had any experience with them.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

We use the 4-pump Fauna Marin version but its essentially the same exact hardware as the GHL standalone version. Very easy to use.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road

I run 3 Marine Magic dosers on 3 systems. They are both cheap and cheap . I didn't have $1500 to spend on 3 good dosers so risked it with the cheap ones. They aren't flawless but they work well enough they have met my needs. I have to replace the tubing in the heads every few months and it is hard to find and intolerant of using wrong sized tubing. If the power goes out they retain the programming but not the time of day and they default to off. The motors are weak but work. If you are on a budget the Marine Magic doser will work for you but expect to have to check on it periodically (should do this anyway to check reservoirs) and replace a few parts every once in a while. Parts are cheap, ship free and customer service with them has been really good. Overall I would recommend them for somebody that is willing to put a bit of upkeep into them. Keep a spare motor, head, head tubing and tube adapters on hand (order along with the pump).

Dan
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

GHL Doser here as well. Rock solid for 3 years running now. They come in two flavours. The standalone version which as the name suggest is stand alone and does not require their GHL Profilux controller, and they also have another version that is completely controlled by their controller.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 AM

Amadod2 is on a distinguished road

thats some great input guys, i have been looking at the marine magic, but wasn't 100% sure on it. i am on a budget and don't want to spend more then $200ish
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM

noy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragIt Dan View Post
I run 3 Marine Magic dosers on 3 systems. They are both cheap and cheap . I didn't have $1500 to spend on 3 good dosers so risked it with the cheap ones. They aren't flawless but they work well enough they have met my needs. I have to replace the tubing in the heads every few months and it is hard to find and intolerant of using wrong sized tubing. If the power goes out they retain the programming but not the time of day and they default to off. The motors are weak but work. If you are on a budget the Marine Magic doser will work for you but expect to have to check on it periodically (should do this anyway to check reservoirs) and replace a few parts every once in a while. Parts are cheap, ship free and customer service with them has been really good. Overall I would recommend them for somebody that is willing to put a bit of upkeep into them. Keep a spare motor, head, head tubing and tube adapters on hand (order along with the pump).

Dan
+1 on Marine magic.