Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 05-14-2004, 04:38 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default XM bulbs

So who has any? Does someone has one unused, either 175W or 250W, that they'd be willing to let me try on my ballasts for a few minutes? Not looking to buy your bulb or borrow it for anything longer than an hour or two, just curious to see how well they'd start up compared to my Ushios.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:23 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

I have a 20kk that you can try, but I need to take it to Deb's first and see if it works at all.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 05-14-2004, 07:37 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

I never thought to try it first - it was brand new from Premium Aquatics, so you should get it back here if we need to return it. I am still waiting on another one from Ebay, I see I have a package to pick up tomorrow - am hoping that is it. (Of course, it's likely a bird toy.... )

I still wish you had said something teevee, instead of letting it leak back to me through a third party.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:51 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I tried the bulb on my M57. Started up OK for me. I like the colour. Not quite as blue as a Radium, but a crisp blue. Reminds me of my old 14k's that I used to use, but a wee bit brighter. I'd definitely try some.

My only dilemma is what tank to upgrade! Darn it, need to space out these bulb replacements ...