Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road
Default Sera Spirulina Tablets - Where to buy in Canada? (best tang food ever!)

I am trying to track down some of these in Canada, either the 100 or 2000 pack...any hints?

I have used these for years, quite simply the best way to get algae to your tangs without making a HUGE mess of the tank. If you are not familiar with them, they stick to the glass in your tank and the fish nibble away. Also a great way to show off your fish.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If not I will have to fo outside Canada...

also, while I know OSI also makes a comparable product I prefer the Sera. That being said, I can not track down these either!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Spyd is on a distinguished road

I know petsandponds.com sells Sera products. I don't see the tablets but I would think they could bring them in.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
I am trying to track down some of these in Canada, either the 100 or 2000 pack...any hints?

I have used these for years, quite simply the best way to get algae to your tangs without making a HUGE mess of the tank. If you are not familiar with them, they stick to the glass in your tank and the fish nibble away. Also a great way to show off your fish.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If not I will have to fo outside Canada...

also, while I know OSI also makes a comparable product I prefer the Sera. That being said, I can not track down these either!
Other than nori for tangs, IMO the best spirulina product is the one that actually has spirulina as it's only ingredient and not a bunch of filler. I don't know about Sera but check before you buy.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Ya, I don't feel like going the special order way yet. I will keep them in mind though as they may just not have it on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyd View Post
I know petsandponds.com sells Sera products. I don't see the tablets but I would think they could bring them in.
Any in tablet form I can stick to the glass? The Sera is only 20% spirulina but has other products as well (and some filler if I recall). I hate sheets or loose product that breaks off and funks up my entire tank (as I am an SPS guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Other than nori for tangs, IMO the best spirulina product is the one that actually has spirulina as it's only ingredient and not a bunch of filler. I don't know about Sera but check before you buy.