Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
wickedfrags's Avatar
wickedfrags wickedfrags is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,315
wickedfrags is on a distinguished road
Default Sera Spirulina Tablets - Where to buy in Canada? (best tang food ever!)

I am trying to track down some of these in Canada, either the 100 or 2000 pack...any hints?

I have used these for years, quite simply the best way to get algae to your tangs without making a HUGE mess of the tank. If you are not familiar with them, they stick to the glass in your tank and the fish nibble away. Also a great way to show off your fish.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If not I will have to fo outside Canada...

also, while I know OSI also makes a comparable product I prefer the Sera. That being said, I can not track down these either!
__________________
I'm out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Spyd's Avatar
Spyd Spyd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 186
Spyd is on a distinguished road
Default

I know petsandponds.com sells Sera products. I don't see the tablets but I would think they could bring them in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
naesco's Avatar
naesco naesco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,743
naesco is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
I am trying to track down some of these in Canada, either the 100 or 2000 pack...any hints?

I have used these for years, quite simply the best way to get algae to your tangs without making a HUGE mess of the tank. If you are not familiar with them, they stick to the glass in your tank and the fish nibble away. Also a great way to show off your fish.

Any assistance would be appreciated. If not I will have to fo outside Canada...

also, while I know OSI also makes a comparable product I prefer the Sera. That being said, I can not track down these either!
Other than nori for tangs, IMO the best spirulina product is the one that actually has spirulina as it's only ingredient and not a bunch of filler. I don't know about Sera but check before you buy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
wickedfrags's Avatar
wickedfrags wickedfrags is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,315
wickedfrags is on a distinguished road
Default

Ya, I don't feel like going the special order way yet. I will keep them in mind though as they may just not have it on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyd View Post
I know petsandponds.com sells Sera products. I don't see the tablets but I would think they could bring them in.
Any in tablet form I can stick to the glass? The Sera is only 20% spirulina but has other products as well (and some filler if I recall). I hate sheets or loose product that breaks off and funks up my entire tank (as I am an SPS guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Other than nori for tangs, IMO the best spirulina product is the one that actually has spirulina as it's only ingredient and not a bunch of filler. I don't know about Sera but check before you buy.
__________________
I'm out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.