Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 AM

JPotter is on a distinguished road
Default Tunze Water Level Controller 5017 problem..?help

I have a salt water tank with a Tunze water level controller. It has a high water sensor with alarm and water level sensor. If the water level is OK the sensor tip is in the water and the green level light is on. When the water level drops and the sensor is not touching the water the green light goes out, a low level light comes on and the pump is activated. When the water reaches the level sensor the green light comes on and the pump stops.

This is what happens now:

The high water sensor works fine..sensor, light and alarm tone
The water level sensor works in that when the water level is adequate the green light is on, when low the green light is off

BUT when low the red light and the pump do not come on.
The LFS I got it from suggested I replace the pump. I did..with a direct wire to wire connection (not a crimp box) and no go..no pump on and no red light.

Is this something I can fix within the black box itself? The box is mounted high on a wall not adjacent to the tank..it doesn't get wet.

It seems a shame to ditch a system that has working sensors...I just have to figure out how to activate the pump.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Have you had any luck with this? I'm trying to replace my pump as well but I can not get 2 of the screws loosened on the crimp box and was thinking of direct wire to wire connection as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 AM

No..no luck...will need to try and open up the plastic case if no one has any better suggestion. I worry if I open the case then nothing will work..at least now I know I need to add water and how much...just a Hassle to do it manually and of no use when one is away.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:03 AM

I cut the crimp box off and direct wired...no difference at all. The problem seems to be the relay that triggers the pump when the sensor is no longer touching the water.A new pump made no difference either. I believe the issue is within the black box.