Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Leon71 is on a distinguished road
Default SWC 160 Cone help with pump.

About a week ago, after a good cleaning of my skimmer, I pugged it back in and it pops the GFCI. So I plug it into an extension cord instead and it works fine. All is good, or so I thought. Last night, it stopped working. Not sure why, but I think the pump is shot. Who has changed out the pump on one of these and what did you use for the replacement. Oh, and I need to have it fixed by Thursday night, so I can go on holidays. Murphy Happens. Lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon71 View Post
About a week ago, after a good cleaning of my skimmer, I pugged it back in and it pops the GFCI. So I plug it into an extension cord instead and it works fine. All is good, or so I thought. Last night, it stopped working. Not sure why, but I think the pump is shot. Who has changed out the pump on one of these and what did you use for the replacement. Oh, and I need to have it fixed by Thursday night, so I can go on holidays. Murphy Happens. Lol.
When I had the same model, it did the same thing. Pump was shot, but it was under warranty. I would give the store you bought it from, or SWC directly a call if under warranty.

Not sure what pump would fit, if you wanted to retrofit, but maybe someone else has an idea.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk