Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 PM

nozwal is on a distinguished road
Default help with fire worm trap

just wanna hear how some of you fellow reefers has trap fire worms

i found 1 in my tank and im pretty sure there could be more. just wanna know what have people done or made to trap these fire worms.

i heard of the panty hos trap, do you just cut a square piece and what are the best bait to use.

i know there are bristel and fire worm traps at LFS for purchase but i wanna leave that to last resort if nothing else works
Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default fire worm trap

2 pieces of clay formed into a hollow sphere that can come apart.make sure there's an opening for the worm to get in.bake it in the oven for a while.add some fresh seafood in the center and wrap it with an elastic band.drop it in your tank at night and remove it in the morning.re bait and replace till you catch it.make it about the size of a loony .better yet leave it alone and let it be part of your clean up crew
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 AM

btymens is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozwal View Post
just wanna hear how some of you fellow reefers has trap fire worms

i found 1 in my tank and im pretty sure there could be more. just wanna know what have people done or made to trap these fire worms.

i heard of the panty hos trap, do you just cut a square piece and what are the best bait to use.

i know there are bristel and fire worm traps at LFS for purchase but i wanna leave that to last resort if nothing else works

I had a couple of bristel worms and i spent the $15 for the trap. It comes with the bait also and was easy to use. I thought I had one worm but eneded up catching 4. Just bait it and you trap them over night..good luck
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 AM

nozwal is on a distinguished road

Would the bristle worm trap work on fireworm? Cuz there is bristle worm traps and there is also fire worm traps at stores
Old 02-16-2012, 03:08 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozwal View Post
Would the bristle worm trap work on fireworm? Cuz there is bristle worm traps and there is also fire worm traps at stores
Really? In 8 years I've never heard of a separate trap for fire worms but maybe its something new. The only one I'm aware of is the Coralife Trap'em. Could you post a link to show what you're talking about?

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 02-16-2012, 03:09 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default fire worm

a fire worm is a bristle worm
Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 AM

btymens is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by btymens View Post
I had a couple of bristel worms and i spent the $15 for the trap. It comes with the bait also and was easy to use. I thought I had one worm but eneded up catching 4. Just bait it and you trap them over night..good luck

a worm is a worm, make life easy for you and buy the trap. Its a long plastic tube (usually green in colour) and works like a charm. If there's a different trap, maybe something new I haven't seen, but try what works. The bristel worm trap i bought work perfectly for me. And when you run out of bait, i just used frozen shrimp and i still caught them.