Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 PM

bloat is on a distinguished road
Default FYI: Kamloops Coral Hunters

AJ Pets in Vernon has ample selection of coral at not bad prices (compared to local) as of last weekend. Worth the trip if your looking for stock. Not much in the way of fish tho.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

yes lots of corals now and again. also lots of aptasia. nothing is 2 for 1 and absolutaly no warrenty on any of it. like u said with the fish selection tho. also make sure u pick your livestock personally, i once bought a bag of dead snails from them. personally i think total pet in kamloops has much better deals (also willing to bargain) and just a way more pleasant visit all around. just my personal opinion tho.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
bvlester

I went to AJ's once didn't like their over zelus sales aproche. They had lots of aptasia and that was a couple years ago. even Kamloops petland tries to get ride of thier's once in a while, rotating rocks in one of the tank they have pepermint shrimp in. they just don't rotate enough.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 PM

bloat is on a distinguished road

I too prefer Total Pet in town, but their prices on livestock is crazy lately with some excuse about shipping costs.
As for Aj's, I have shopped there for many many years, and they usually have the best selection of coral in the interior. Not neccesarily the best price tho.
Any reef hobbiest who purchases any large amount of snails or crabs should simply only buy them from the coast, because they are just so cheap there.
I always prefer to deal at my LFS (total pet only, not petland), but sometimes you can safe hundreds when you shop around.
I am not slagging Total Pet, infact I commend them on keeping a decent amount of stock.