Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-03-2001, 05:30 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Just starting out

Hi, I am just starting to plan a small reef tank, after 3 freshwater tanks a friend gave me a 33 gal tank so I decided I would do a reef as I have always wanted one. I also noticed a few people here are from Victoria like myself and I was wondering whare you buy your equipment and such from. at the moment I am looking for lighting set up's but all I can seam to find are over priced 24" pc's. also for live rock whare is a good place to find uncured rock for a reasonable price?

thanks for your time
Steve
Old 10-03-2001, 05:38 PM
Gold Member

One_Divided is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to One_Divided

Hey there! I'm from vic too.. To tell you the truth, I buy nothing at all in town.. I get most of my stuff from J&L aquatics in Coquitlam.. (jlaquatics.com).. You can always give me a shout if you need some advice on getting things started.. give me a call (I'll send an email with my phone #)

-Adam

[ 03 October 2001: Message edited by: One_Divided ]
Old 10-03-2001, 05:47 PM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve,

Glad to see ya made it.. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you have ANY questions post away here.. There is a huge resource of useless information here to be tapped. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Kidding. There is a great crowd here who can help you out.. just post and ask.. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As for equipment and such the best places around here are J&L Aquatics for dried goods and such for someone starting out. After your tank is up and running you can get in touch with J&L for live stuff(Coral, Fish, Rock etc.) and Sea Care for the same, they have some dried goods as well. If you come over then you have even more.. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Animal house in Chilliwack is sweet.. Big Al's can have some good stuff from time to time..

[ 03 October 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]