Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Abe is on a distinguished road
Default Abe's tank build

well finally I got some time to do a tank build I bought this tank back in September it's a 230G measured at 72"x24"x30"H and it has been sitting in my garage since then waiting for the stand to be built. Well I finished most of it right now, just need doors and some design pieces. I also bought a sump and it is placed in my stand as of today . here are few pictures, hope that you like them.

this the main frame.

first coat of stain.

and this is today with the sump in

Drain and protein skimmer area

Refuge area

Just not sure of what kind of skimmer or return pump to purchase, I am not looking for a very expanssive one, my budget is around $700 for the skimmer.any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
230G, 3 X 250w MH , 4x 39w t5 , about 200lbs of LR, 2" of LS bed, 2 maroon clowns hosting a RLTA, 1 regal tang and 1 yellow tang, 1 blonde neso tang, 1 coral beauty, 2 scunk clowns hosting a GBTA, 1 midas blenny, and a mandarin gopy, 6 blue green chromis and 1 six line wrass.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Looking good, what does the actual tank look like?

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 AM

Default Update

well Finally I got my tank on the stand. I also received my Protein skimmer, thanx to Steve from red coral Edmonton and I also purchased the return pump which is a sedra 20000. here are some pictures

Tank

Protein Skimmer unpacking

230G, 3 X 250w MH , 4x 39w t5 , about 200lbs of LR, 2" of LS bed, 2 maroon clowns hosting a RLTA, 1 regal tang and 1 yellow tang, 1 blonde neso tang, 1 coral beauty, 2 scunk clowns hosting a GBTA, 1 midas blenny, and a mandarin gopy, 6 blue green chromis and 1 six line wrass.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM

lpsreefer is on a distinguished road

Nice progress.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Yea it is. It is a slow build tho, don't have lots of time to work on it as I am building a walk in bird aviary for my wife finches (gotta keep her happy ). Next will be staining the cabinet doors and start working on the hood and plumbing as well.