Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road
Default Powerhead placement

Where does everyone typically place their powerheads in their tanks? I have a 55gl, 4 ft long tank and I have an MP 10, MP 40 and Koriala 750. My MPs are placed on the sides of the tank, the 10 is lower and closer to the front of the tank, the 40 is is higher and closer to the back. The Koralia is on the back and pointed up.

The 10 is cranked to full and the 40 is set at about half, both on the reef setting. I'm asking because I have copper color algae in the sand on the front of the tank. I have quite a few LPS, just starting with SPS. I'm pretty sure I should have enough flow, but wondering if I have my pumps placed in the best location/settings?

The tank is not drilled or have any real fancy plumbing like most I see on here, running a canister filter and HOB fuge. I've posted about this in another lighting thread, but only to see if lighting is part of what I've got going on.

I have about 8 sand snails and I just added a conch to help move the sand a bit. I know about sand gobies, but I'm just restocking my tank with fish at the moment and added the originals back in on the weekend.

I've included a fts - thoughts?
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSC_2044.jpg
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...ll-Manual6.pdf

Dont know if you have this but it tells you all about placement. Would recommend you take out any of those foam filters if any in your cannister and replace with liverock rubble.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Ah, when all else fails, read the instructions.....of course, thanks