Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 06-14-2011, 02:20 PM

MaverickReef is on a distinguished road
Default Extreme Bad Service at AquariumPlants.com when purchasing TrueLumen Pro LED

:frown:Back in may I've decided to convert my BioCube 29 to LED. So I've started shopping and decide to go with a simple solution....to add LED Strip to my Cube. The CurrentUSA TrueLumen Pro 12" seemed appropriate and AquariumPlants.com had them for a fair price (maybe to good) So I when and ordered the LED and a Power Supply. The purchase was done on the 11th of may and was due to ship on the 13th....First issue it only shipped the 20th. On the 23rd I receive my package promply opened it and found inside the box......news paper, bubble wrap and a power supply that was it ! nothing else not even an invoice ! I called AquariumPlants.com right away and the also the next day. At first they mention that they would ship a replacement ASAP....but the following week they changed their mind they wanted to get refund by USPS first and then they would ship a replacement. They offered to refund and I did accept since I did not want to wait week for my replacement unit.....so I decided to buy ReefBrite instead (was available locally) great choice I should have done this the first time. Now 4 weeks later I still await refund on my Amex from AquariumPlants.com.

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE STAY AWAY FROM AQUARIUMPLANTS.COM

Be smart buy locally the reefbrite product

PS. Many reviews are now recommending not to get the TrueLumen Pro
Old 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Contact your Credit Card company, they will go to bat for you on issues like this
Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
Contact your Credit Card company, they will go to bat for you on issues like this

becareful as to how many credit card transactions you dispute (whether it be false charges or mis-represented product) Each company has a maximum limit they will process for you and then you SOL going forward. It wont affect your overall credit but it could affect your credit with that company for you become a suspicious client and they may become hesitant in dealing with you. Of course you can always close that credit card down and deal with a different company, virtually erasing that record
Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
becareful as to how many credit card transactions you dispute (whether it be false charges or mis-represented product) Each company has a maximum limit they will process for you and then you SOL going forward. It wont affect your overall credit but it could affect your credit with that company for you become a suspicious client and they may become hesitant in dealing with you. Of course you can always close that credit card down and deal with a different company, virtually erasing that record
Really shouldn't matter unless you make a habit out of it. If you're disputing every week then you might have a problem with them, but if it's that frequent than they're probably justified in figuring you're either a con artist or have horrible judgement.

If he got ripped off, and paid with a CC then he should dispute the charge and get his money. It won't cost the CC company, they'll just pull it out of the vendors account and the vendor will be SOL
Old 06-14-2011, 09:15 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I see they haven't improved one bit in the 3(?) years since I purchased a CO2 regulator from them. It took over a month for me to receive the package, they never responded to any of my email inquiries or telephone messages. It wasn't until someone actually answered when I called that I was able to get a response from them. Its so long ago now that I don't remember for certain but I believe I sent 5 emails and called 3 times. So I'll never deal with aquariumplants.com again either.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-14-2011, 11:38 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road

I purchased from them and they were great. Granted it was about 3 years ago? I ordered a bunch of plants and I also ordered some fluorite from them as well (3 bags). Shipping was prompt and they even sent me some free root tabs because shipping had to be postponed a month due to cold weather.

Thats too bad. This is the first time ive actually heard anything bad about them.