Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road
Default Kona Trip: First of the dives

So I still have a few dives left, first few dives were getting my open water cert, so didnt take the camera as I become a air huffer with the camera as I become quite frantic chasing fish around.

But here is a quick video that ive had time to post, of a cave entrance and the exit to some amazing coral.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150198972643034

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150199045748034
Old 05-27-2011, 03:06 AM

More to come, just busy enjoying hawaii, and ill post pictures too later!

Dont mind my newbish pics either, im still learning how to fight the current out here as its very strong right now and im still learning the art of scuba to its fullest!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Who are you diving with? I just came back from there myself. The reefs off the Kona shore are pretty incredible. Can't wait to go back.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:01 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Incidentally you have your facebook album locked out so we can't see the pictures or videos (well anyone on your fb friend list probably can but ..). 3 alternatives I could suggest for you: picasaweb, flickr, or photobucket - then you can also upload high-res versions of the pics.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:12 AM

Alrighty.. Ill figure somthing out soon.. Im diving with Kona dive company, their logo has the hammerhead in the middle of the caption.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:16 AM

and can someone let me know if you can see them now.. I think I changed some proper settings for the videos.. let me know!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM

Yeah I can see them now - thanks

Kona Dive Company - that's who I dove with too. Awesome group of folks!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:23 AM

Ya, there have been two cases of tiger shark board bites this week, and we have been looking for sharks every day with Dave our dive master, he is a shark guru, he used to head a shark research lab in the US, and has since retired from that to pursue diving.. but has dove with everything!

He is very reassuring and very calm as he sticks his head into holes of caves looking for dorsil fins!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Kerry says to me the day I went out that "she just HAD to meet the weirdo who asked to see a golden dwarf eel". Tell her the Golden Dwarf eel requester says hi.

This was one of the images I was able to get of him:
Old 05-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Ill be sure too if she is on the boat for our saturday night dive with the mantas!

I got this nice one of a trumpet fish, but all the good shots I could have got all seemed to be when I didnt have the camera during the technical dive portions