Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-28-2011, 12:37 AM

Jack is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone want to go diving next weekend?

Hi,

Any divers on here from the lower mainland? I've signed up for whites demo day to tryout their new fusion drysuit to replace my current drysuit. Just wondering if anyone here wants to dive sunday march 6th at whytecliff park, horseshoe bay with me and other people there? If your looking to sign up and try out their suits too u can do that to you just have to register.

I'm officially up to padi rescue diver and I'm working on my divemaster. I've done about 100 dives. 90 of them here in the freezing cold water

Pm me if you want to dive!
Ttyl,

Jack
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Youre going to love that suit! And trust me they are way more durable than they look.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Dam would love to but have my basement torn apart and have to get that back together before I head our on Monday for Toronto.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
Youre going to love that suit! And trust me they are way more durable than they look.
Yah thats good to hear. It sounds like everyone like the suit. I've got a great drysuit but like reefing its fun to try the next best thing! Which skin do you have? Everyone seems to worry about the lycra of the sport skin ripping or wearing out but I've seen my local dive shop rental fusion sports and they look almost new even with a year and a half of use by rental people and training courses. That, and I want to have pockets so whites demo day should iron all this out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
Dam would love to but have my basement torn apart and have to get that back together before I head our on Monday for Toronto.
No problem Jason we'll dive soon enough. Kyle had something come up so I'm short a dive buddy. I just thought I'd check on here. Want to do a night dive on the cut sometime soon? I'm thinking the night dive there and find the plumose gardens.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 PM

Sounds good. I'm in Ontario for 2 weeks so how about the 19th or the 20th?

J
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 AM

Im in. Gimmy a shout when you get back. I'll be ready for any evening during the week except wednesday or any weekend.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:11 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Yah thats good to hear. It sounds like everyone like the suit. I've got a great drysuit but like reefing its fun to try the next best thing! Which skin do you have? Everyone seems to worry about the lycra of the sport skin ripping or wearing out but I've seen my local dive shop rental fusion sports and they look almost new even with a year and a half of use by rental people and training courses. That, and I want to have pockets so whites demo day should iron all this out...

I dont personally have one, I have a Whites Trilam, but my local shop uses them for all of their OW courses and rentals. He likes them because they fit all different body types and are so durable. Out of a class of 14 he says usually 13 of the people will fit into the 4 standard sizes. His suits still look like new after a year and even if there is a problem then he only has to change the Lycra outer layer.

Last edited by Jason McK; 03-01-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 AM

PT is it you that works for Whites?
I know someone on canreef works there
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
I dont personally have one, I have a Whites Trilam, but my local shop uses them for all of their OW courses and rentals. He likes them because they fit all different body types and are so durable. Out of a class of 14 he says usually 13 of the people will fit into the 4 standard sizes. His suits still look like new after a year and even if there is a problem then he only has to change the Lycra outer layer.
I'm from Comox originally. Did my OW out of Pacific Pro dive in Courtenay. First two ocean dives were off Quadra Island, it was nice! Where are some good spots where you live?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 AM

Dive_dry is on a distinguished road

there are 5 good spots or more in parksville / ladysmith area i dive mostly in the victoria area. have fun in your rescue course if you can try and take it in the spring there is a lot of going in and out of the water and it gets darn cold i know of a few course that had to go an extra weekend as most froze even with dry suits.