Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > New to the Hobby

Old 01-03-2004, 07:31 AM

Kayleb is on a distinguished road
Default first time setting up a durso stdpip

I finally got my 75 together, I had the back glass drilled for a 1 1/2" bulkhead. I built a durso and installed it. I set up a temp. sump just to place my pump and returnpipe in just to get everything flowing. However
the durso won't drain fast enough for the pump which should only be pumping aprox. 750 gph. The I.D. of the elbow going into the bulk head is 1 3/8". Also How do you attach pictures to posts?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

The teeth on your overflow are probably not wide enough. That pipe should handle that flow.
Attach pics by clicking the IMG button in your reply and typing te URL to the website withyour pics.
The other option is to upload them to the Photo Gallery, linked under the main menu.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:58 AM

Thanx for the reply ReefRaf

I made the over flow unit detachable and I haven't got it on yet. but I've been playing with the bleeder valve on top and I notice if I close it it developes suction and very quickly drains all the water to the level of the
intake and then sucks air threw as well(very noisey but high flow). How do you tune this properly?

So without a website I can't attach a picture to my reply?
How do you download pictures to the gallery?
Old 01-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Click on photo gallery. Once there, log in and then click upload photos.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:19 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleb
Thanx for the reply ReefRaf

I made the over flow unit detachable and I haven't got it on yet. but I've been playing with the bleeder valve on top and I notice if I close it it developes suction and very quickly drains all the water to the level of the
intake and then sucks air threw as well(very noisey but high flow). How do you tune this properly?

So without a website I can't attach a picture to my reply?
How do you download pictures to the gallery?
ok so what you have to do is find the happy spot for the bleader valve so the water in your overflow is about 1/2 way between the tank level and the level at which it starts sucking air. once you get it to this point it won't go up and down anymore.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy

ok so what you have to do is find the happy spot for the bleader valve so the water in your overflow is about 1/2 way between the tank level and the level at which it starts sucking air. once you get it to this point it won't go up and down anymore.

Steve
Well it made the first night without flooding but I couldn't get it to stay at one level, and it sounds like a bath being filled without putting in the plug. I'll try attaching the overflow and go from there, I'm sure i'll get it, I was just a little worried as it wasn't working the way I expected.

thanx Kayleb
Old 01-03-2004, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lowey
Click on photo gallery. Once there, log in and then click upload photos.
Thanx Doug I'll try putting up a photo or 2.