Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 02-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Kamloops questions

My wife said you had a flat water rate, no meters. Correct? Is it true the hydro is increasing a fair bit to pay for upgraded metering? I cant move there if its to expensive.

Everything she finds is more than here. Although some of the housing seems reasonable.

I going to live next to Steve..... The we can drive over together to visit Brad.......
Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 AM

sick lid is on a distinguished road

Meters are coming, but there is only one thing to remember- Kamloops versus Manitoba
Old 02-20-2011, 01:14 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

ya its more expensive for hydro vs manitoba.
its .587 per KW here

and ya ok you do have better water. ad its humid there too. and why on earth Doug would you wanna live close to a Retired Navy guy. can anyone say. liquid soap. "

bend over and I'll slip ya a bar of steel Billy!!!"
Old 02-20-2011, 03:01 PM

bloat is on a distinguished road

Don't forget about our high municipal taxes here too!
its a great city to live in, and its close to every outdoor recreation amenity, but expensive to live in.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
its .587 per KW here

and ya ok you do have better water. ad its humid there too. and why on earth Doug would you wanna live close to a Retired Navy guy. can anyone say. liquid soap. "

bend over and I'll slip ya a bar of steel Billy!!!"
its humid where? definatly not in kamloops concidering we are classed as a semi arid desert.

Hydro is not going up to pay for water meters as the water is a city owned utility and hydro is provincialy owned, and in fact most people will end up paying less for there water with the meters, but that allso will depend on how much you water your lawn. when I moved here I could not believe the water waist, for instance my sprinkler system was set to water ever second day, I switched it right away to every 3rd day and this year I will try every 4th day

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloat View Post
Don't forget about our high municipal taxes here too!
its a great city to live in, and its close to every outdoor recreation amenity, but expensive to live in.
taxes arn't bad, kinda on the lower side of average. I am paying less than I did in langford, and for the same house in alberta I am paying over 1500 bucks less so I can't complain there, but also a lot of people here seamt to group the city utility into there taxes and that part will be going down with the water meters also.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 02-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post

I going to live next to Steve..... The we can drive over together to visit Brad.......
actualy there are some nice houses here for sale and that would work out good.. I could leave my tank shut down and just build things for your tank, and help you so I wouldn't need one here

as for Brad, its his turn to drive up and see me

Steve

Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
its .587 per KW here
yup huge difference we are .0627/KWh

what is your natural gas price in manatoba out of curosity.. this is the first time I have owned a houe that uses natural gas for heat and hot water ours is 7.94/GJ which is 1/2 the price of nat gas in Victoria.

its funny as my house in vic was electric heat with a gas fireplace and when I added everything up water, power, gas, garbage, ect... we are paying 200.00/month less in kamloops than we wer
e in Vic.

Steve

Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM

bloat is on a distinguished road

you mentioned you water every third day....better watch it; as the city will fine you if you don't water on your designated day (odd or even)

as for taxes....do your own research....you'll find municipal taxes are among the highest...compared to similar sized cities across canada....and they have continually been going up.
Brand new houses, 3-4 bedroom, can expect to pay between 4-5K a year.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Those taxes you quoted for a new house are the same or worse here. Winnipeg & Brandon are terrible for property taxes.

I cant compare as thats one thing I have not checked yet, but have been told its similar or cheaper than here.

I asked if hydro rates were going up Steve because of the smart meters they are app. switching to?? Would guess its to cover that cost. Cant comment on gas, as all electric but Mike should know, he has gas. Not much difference in hydro rates at present.

Why did you pick there from Victoria Steve, if you dont mind me asking.

I,m looking as family members, {daughter & her husband, {and my boss} & grandkids}, are likely moving there. No to mention my brother lives in Langley. And although my oldest boy is still here in Manitoba, my youngest is in Hinton, just up #5.

However at this stage of life, cost of living is pretty important.

Perhaps something out a bit or in Chase or elsewhere not to far away.