Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 11-28-2010, 10:58 PM

rjengen is on a distinguished road
Default Wife got a new camera

The wife picked up the new Canon T2i 18MP DSLR, and I snapped off a few shots...I have no idea how to use this thing, hopefully with time I will get better, but anyways, here are a few shots of my tank. We hit the 1 year mark last month, and I'm so happy. We've lucked out with no crashes, disease, or major outbreaks. I'd love to hear some feedback / tips / tricks a noob might need or want to know.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:19 AM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Hey there! Looks good so far! If you ever have any questions about taking photos just send me a message, I work as a photographer so I know a trick or 2 that might help. One thing you may want to try is setting the camera to aperture priority (the A symbol on the setting knob). This will allow you to control your depth of field so that the entire subject is in focus. The lower the number the smaller your depth of field and the large the number the greater the depth of field. It does cut the amount of light coming through the lens so don't go crazy but just take a few photos at different aperture settings and you should get an idea about the differences that it will make.

Good luck!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Very nice looking blastos..

Take the time to read the manual. I got the T1i in the summer and haven't gone all the way through it yet.
Get a large SD card for taking lots of pics as practice makes perfect.
Go on ebay and find a remote for taking pictures. If you use a tripod and line up it will really help with camera shake (I have to get one myself- I borrowed my moms when doing pics at her place and it made a good difference).

Experiment. You never know what you can do until you try. I personally love shooting the stars.

Above all else, have fun with it.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM

rocks is on a distinguished road
Smile

awesome pics!