Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM

KevinK is on a distinguished road
Default anyone using Laguna/askol pumps ?

I was gust wondering is there are reefers that use the Laguna/askol pumps on there system.

as thy are extreamly energy eff. and asfar as I can read very relyable I'm thinking of puttinh them to use on my system.

compairing to a dart, the 4200 runs 4200 G/H at 160W where the dart runs only 3500 G/H at 160W

when put ona skimmer, thy can draw over 120 scfh whit almost no mod.

so lets se if there are more reefers that use them, and if, on what:

-skimmer
-close L.
- return from sump
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 AM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize

supposely that's what red dragon is
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 11-09-2010, 01:50 AM

KevinK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporize View Post
supposely that's what red dragon is
yes, I gust ordered the 2900 and a 2400, was hoping some reefers where using them, so I could se where thy use them.

now it is to late, thy are coming, so thy better be good
Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 PM

AHHope is on a distinguished road

we use mostly laguna pumps at my work. All our marine tanks use them for the sump returns, the saltwater waterchage uses them and even our big fw display uses 2 4200s as return pumps. One of the nicest things about them is there quick connect system not to mention the 4200 can pass an 8mm particle no problem.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize

I kinda remember a LFS owner told me that red dragon is just Laugna pumps with their own modified impeller, so it has to be pretty good

Now just need to find them at a decent price
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

This was all discussed to death be hahnmeister (now banned) over on RC a few years back. There is more to it than that apparently the windings...some of the guts inside the block are different as well.

Either way I never hear about these being used as returns. Wonder how they are stock compared to a red dragon. Noise etc? I still would prefer to always use a submersible over an external any day. I hate the thought/worry about seals going etc.