Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road
Default Environment Canada's Visit to O.C.....

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank all the participants who took my advice and called Environment Canada to come and give us a visit yesterday. Both Ron and Brenda stopped by our store yesterday afternoon and checked our corals and store etc.

After 20 mins of perusing our store they thanked us for our time and left. I spoke with Ron briefly on the reason for his visit and it was indicated that a member/members here on Canreef roused their attention and they decided to come check us out.

The resolve of the visit was that our corals are deemed fit to be in Canada and are publicly available for resale without fear that people are buying ILLEGAL corals from us.

So I do hope that this post will now satisfy those that have had questions about our operations. If not, you are more then welcome to discuss the inspection with Ron Graham of Environment Canada.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to clear ourselves with the called in inspection.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Paul- View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank all the participants who took my advice and called Environment Canada to come and give us a visit yesterday. Both Ron and Brenda stopped by our store yesterday afternoon and checked our corals and store etc.

After 20 mins of perusing our store they thanked us for our time and left. I spoke with Ron briefly on the reason for his visit and it was indicated that a member/members here on Canreef roused their attention and they decided to come check us out.

The resolve of the visit was that our corals are deemed fit to be in Canada and are publicly available for resale without fear that people are buying ILLEGAL corals from us.

So I do hope that this post will now satisfy those that have had questions about our operations. If not, you are more then welcome to discuss the inspection with Ron Graham of Environment Canada.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to clear ourselves with the called in inspection.

Cheers,

Paul

OMFG that is too funny, someone actually went out of their way to get them to pay a visit? What a waste of time. Hmmm, what is that word I am looking for.......... Oh ya, JEALOUSY!

You almost should have called them yourself to come down Paul, would have cleared this up eons ago.

Hope all is well with OC! Miss you guys..

Ian
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Glad you got that cleared up.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Wingin It is on a distinguished road

OMG...Crazy. At least there can be no question about it. Wish I could come by and visit. *Sigh*
Old 10-15-2010, 10:35 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

omg thats pretty petty that someone would actually call and try and narc you out.. LOL well at least now all questions about these corals can be refered to this post.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:46 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Seriously? Holy crap people need to grow up.

Kinda sad to see Canreef has been reduced to people bitching about the validity of photos, mods claiming people to be vendors because someone is shutting down their tank and fragging their colonies, group orders being shutdown as they're not from a sponsor and people trying to sabotage one anothers business. It's like high school drama with fish and corals.

I was excited when I first found Canreef as it was a place to supposedly learn and help each other out. Boy was I wrong.

Thanks for taking the high road on this one Paul (even though we have an idea who this was... or atleast I do) and taking it in stride. I really dig your mission to aquaculture and all-in-all just do an outstand job. I look forward to finding some time to make the journey out your way to meet you guys in person.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:50 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Paul- View Post
did they have guns?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:55 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Sounds like some left wing commie pinkos.....lets have a laugh at the dork/dorks that made the call... Wow
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
mods claiming people to be vendors because someone is shutting down their tank and fragging their colonies, group orders being shutdown as they're not from a sponsor.
Just for some clarity, group orders are not shut down for this reason. As for our frag sales, stay tuned for revisions in this policy.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

As long as your CITES for all fish and coral shipments are in order, then no LFS should ever have an issue.

The things people will do. Just keep your paperwork together, you never know.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk