Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 09-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road
Default Nha Trang snorkelling pics

I just got back from Vietnam 1 week ago and had an amazing time there. While it was very hot there, the food, amazing diving, culture and people made this trip one of the best and most memorable out of all the places I have previously travelled....

We started off in Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon where it was bustling with people and motorcycles. Infact that's all you saw which is quite a shock because I thought Vancouver was a busy city but that was very minor compared to HCMC...

After a few days getting settled in we left on a short plane ride to a mountainous city where the weather was a cool 20c, our next stop was Nha Trang where I finally got to dive and snorkle and luckilly grabbed a few pics before my camera battery died....

The pics are alittle dark as I didnt adjust any settings and wanted to snap as many pics before the camera died....

Going past some smaller islands about 20mins from the beach at Nha Trang were some 30-40 floating docks apparently they were growing out lobsters and fishes... I thought it was oyster farms??

next stop was the island we were going to dive at...

I have to admit I bought this camera for the sole purpose of sticking it in my tank to take some pics of my coral but was scared and never did, especially after reading a few stories that the camera leaked I wussed out...

The camera is a Olympus stylus tough 12mp and good 33ft in water. these first pics was me trying to get some shots without sticking it in the water... as you can see they didnt turn out well!!

Then I thought to myself, you bought this camera to take underwater "Be a man, do the right fing"

So I put on snorkels wrapped the camera strap tight around my wrist and dove in.

Alot of the variety were a brown colour but there were lots of pinks, blues, neon green and yellows. As I had mentioned before my batteries were low so I just set the camera to underwater wide and started snapping...

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips

Last edited by tang daddy; 09-29-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Likes to play with Fish

The lightning rod which is sometimes called black coral and is one of my favourites was over 14ft tall, I have one that is about 3in in my tank.

I have to admit after seeing all the fish and corals in the natural environment, I have greater respect for these animals and it was so different seeing the fish swim in the wild as oppose to in our tanks....

I will add more pics once I have time to download Enjoy!!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 09-29-2010, 03:22 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

That's so cool. Vietnam is a place I long to see but am not sure I'll ever make it over there. Was this a specifically diving vacation or was the diving just a happy bonus?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Cool pic.'s
Old 09-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Argentiner is on a distinguished road

Great shot of the moorish idol with the long streamer!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Likes to play with Fish

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
That's so cool. Vietnam is a place I long to see but am not sure I'll ever make it over there. Was this a specifically diving vacation or was the diving just a happy bonus?

Hi Tony, this trip was originally to meet my soon to be inlaws, intact I was suppose to get married there this year but because of financial problems me and my soon to be wifey decided to wait till next year.... before I left I had heard that vietnam had some of the nicest reefs, same as the reefs around malaysia and indonesia. So I made sure that I was going to get atleast 1 or more diving trips in. Unfortunately the day we arrived it was cloudy, the next 2 days were sunny which I took full advantage of.

We only spent 3 days in Nha trang but next year I will stay there for a whole week......

The diving there was cheap $40 cad for 6 hr trip which included your own dive master, lunch and the chartered boat also all that gear....... they pick you up from the hotel and drop you off after.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Likes to play with Fish

The moorish idol was super calm infact all the fishes around the reef were freindly. I saw puffers,triggers, tangs, parrot fish, damsels and a whole bunch of other fish swimming together. If there was a quarrel the fish would swim 2 ft and all good again. I was actually considering moving there, diving everyday and wouldn't need a tank anymore just jump in when I wanted to see corals and fish!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 05:12 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

Just gorgeous! I plan to visit there next year

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Likes to play with Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
Just gorgeous! I plan to visit there next year
If you go make sure you go diving in Nha Trang!!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Boy I'm jealous of everyone diving and taking sweet pics. That streamer is stunning thanks for sharing.

My favorite experience while snorkeling (I can't dive yet) was following a massive school of blue tangs over the reef as they power-grazed. I did this for some time and had the sunburnt back to prove it!