Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 08-07-2010, 04:41 PM

72Super is on a distinguished road
Default LF: Glass Shelf

Hey Everyone,
I have a 48g glass tank and it came with a cast iron stand with a provision for a shelf. I would like to add a glass shelf into the frame. The dimension I would need would be no smaller than 12.5"x47.5" and no bigger than 13"x48", although if someone has something that's larger, I could probably find a place to get it cut to size.
Thanks

Last edited by 72Super; 08-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:04 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

Your probably better off phoning around to the glass shops in calgary to get it cut. By the time you find a piece and get it cut it will likely cost you same as just getting a new piece. I doubt a piece that size would be much more than $40-$50
Old 08-07-2010, 06:52 PM

DiverDude is on a distinguished road

For use as a shelf -especially one that big- I would call a glass shop. Tell them it's for a shelf and have a good idea of how much weight might be on it. You'll want at least 5mm glass and it will have to be tempered for strength and safety.

Frankly unless the aesthetic is really important I'd put a piece of wood in there and be done with it. Faster, easier and cheaper.

29 Gal Bowfront w/24" LED Lights. DIY HOB Sump (5.4 Gal) MP40. Orange Spotted Watchman Goby, 2 Clownfish and a few hermits.