Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 10-13-2003, 10:28 PM

incoma is on a distinguished road
Default Reccomendations for suppliers

I m starting to get started on my Tank. I am in need of local suppliers.
Lumber Yard - Prefer not big box store
Large plumbing suppliers - Large in selection not price: )
Pool supplier - I m looking for the fish safe epoxy tank. I m going to try a plywood sump box.
Glass shop - A window in the box
Large Plastic suppliers
Old 10-17-2003, 04:42 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

not many replies, huh? how about this little tidbit then:

Lumber yard: Windsor Plywood
Old 10-17-2003, 02:46 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I've shopped at: Plumbateria. Western Pool and Spa. Industrial Paints and Plastics.

I know others have shopped at (and I will check them out when I'm next in need): Acrylic Concepts. GE Polymers and Shapes.

I know there are a couple other suppliers but I can't think of them. I've gotten glass at some window shop. Probably paid way too much, but seeing as I only needed scraps at the time it was quick and easy. I can look up the name if you want, but personally if you need a lot of glass it looks like the place Evan dealt with would be the better choice. Glass Guild or something? It's mentioned in this thread:
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6284

Kari has twice mentioned to me the name of a place that sells plastics and PVC plumbing stuff but I can't for the life of remember the name (I have a two week memory retention ... what was I talking about again? Oh right I need a 2" PVC gate valve. Does anyone know anyplace in town that sells PVC gate valves? None of the suppliers I use have anything like that. Western sells them but not ones I can use for fine-adjustments of flow. Last time I needed one of these, I had to get reef_raf to send me one from his local plumber supply in Victora. Apparently common as dirt out there or something. I called a lot of places out here though and completely struck out.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 AM

eposer is on a distinguished road

I had all my glass cut at the Glass Guild. Good prices, excellent attention to detail, and great service. Plus they stock starphire glass.