Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Blenny, Goby, or Both?
Blenny 13 13.27%
Goby 21 21.43%
Both 64 65.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2010, 01:32 AM

infamous is on a distinguished road
Smile Blenny vs Goby

This is my first poll posted on Canreef so if the moderators find anything wrong with this post, could you please help me? Thank you.

So here's the question : Do you prefer Blennies, Goby's, or both?

It would be great to hear your reasons as well!

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:36 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

I just got a red scooter blenny! i love the little guy! I am no other help to you, other then he looks cool! lol! I was going to get a goby for my pistol shrimp, but he has made a friend in the firefish instead! I will probably still get a dragon goby. I like the way the clean the sand! (see not much help you your poll) lol
Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 AM

russp is on a distinguished road

I have 2 scooter blennies & 1 orange spot goby , they are all full of personality . so both , no favorites here
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 AM

infamous is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input! I've just got into my first reef tank, and I've been really torn between the Blennies and Goby's or if they're both great fish to have. I'm super excited for everything to come and really enjoy hearing what other people have to say. So thank you both for your comments! (even if it didn't help the poll, it sure helped me!)

And thanks in advance for comments to come!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM

Chipie is on a distinguished road

I voted for the blennies, they have such great personalities plus i had to get rid of a clown goby. He was litterally eating my sps corals
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Kind of thought my lawnmower was a dufus. My Rainfords is a nice goby, almost 3yrs. old now. Eats almost near anything I feed and the spotted mandarin I gave to Mike was a very nice fish. He,s always up near the front of his tank and like here, even swims into your hand.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

HUGE fan of both! Blennies have a great personality! Especially love the midas blenny...hope to have one sometime soon! Crazy and pretty little guys and often out and about! Gobies are fun to watch! Love the Orange Spotted Diamond Goby, very efficient cleaners! (Bad for jumping though...recommend a covered tank!)

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

saltwaterseahorses is on a distinguished road

i gotta red scooter blenny and a firefish goby and a orange bar goby and another purple spotted brownish goby

lol
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM

s.tan is on a distinguished road
Default Both are unique!

Both have to be my most favourite families of fishes. Much prefer personality and behaviour over larger fish with bright colours. Having said that, there's lots of colour in these smaller guys as well! Currently have a bicolor blenny and like all Ecsenius blennies, it has tons of personality; always peeking out and looking around, surveying the territory, looking for its next tidbit of food. Also have a mandarin dragonet (goby) that reminds me of a little hummingbird with its large pectoral fins and tiny beak-like mouth as it eats pods and bloodworms. Love the way gobies utilize the bottom parts of the tank. Presently, looking for a pistol shrimp/goby combo for the symbiotic behaviour.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

I am always torn by this too.. I had a lawn mower Blenny, and that fish was a good fish. I now have a Orange spot sand goby.. so far, so good.. but the clever lil bugger is building his cave facing the back of the glass.. so as when he doesnt want to be seen, he isnt. I seriously thought he jumped.. and searched everywhere.. little bugger gave me a heart attack.. when I was ready to give up searching around my tank.. after throughly searching through my tank.. he was sitting there staring at me.. so if you want a sand goby.. be prepared to watch him when he wants to be watched.. and make sure your rock is very secure.. as they will dig.. dig and dig..

Tags
blenny, goby