Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 02-15-2010, 11:59 PM

cygmark is on a distinguished road
Default FS: 180 gallon setup

Ok i was diagnosed with cancer a month ago and had my first chemo session on friday the 13,2010.

I realized over the weekend i'm going to be to sick to continue cultivating this amazing hobby.

I am asking for you guys to help me find someone to buy my tank from me, i hate to give it up but it's not fair to the live stock.

I have a 180 gallon tank, with a 75 gallon sump, 72" corallife Mh light, skimmer, heaters, pumps, mixing big brute garbage can, 2 buckets salt, 140 lbs of live rock, 1 bubble tip anemone, a big white anemone, sun coral frag, hammer coral frag, fan worm, elephant ear mushroom. 6 turbo snails, 2 pepper mint shrimp, pom pom crab, 2 sandsifting sea stars. Yellow tang, coral beauty,4 chromis. And 2 paid for clown fish breeding pair to be picked up.

Rock is really nice many peicies with coraline on it, also have 2 corelia 3 power heads.

I paid $1100.00 for tank sump and pumps, put $100 into plumbing it, bought live rock for about $700, bought 2 power heads $70 each, anemone for $90.00, fish $40. Live sand and salt 450.00, MH-450.00, skimmer 120.00, heater 80.

Not a long established tank but one that seems to be thriving.

Asking someone to take it off my hands

$3000.00 obo

Pm me for more info, my link has photos of my setup, and my signature has more details.

Thanks

Josh
180 gallon reef tank with 80 gallon sump, 2 External overflow boxes ,3 drilled returns,Vertex 100 skimmer, Jager 250 watt heater, Stealth titanium 150 watt heater, 3-500 GPH return Aqua Globe pumps and 2 corelia power heads

My tank so far
Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you have cancer. :You will get through this. Have a positive attitude during your chemo.
We are pulling for you.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Josh I'm really sorry to hear that. My wife's been at it for 3 months and I've seen how tough chemo is on a person. If you're at the foothills and are there a lot pm me and we could do lunch and talk reefs or something. Best of luck.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:17 AM

bwi7 is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear this.....to bad about the tank, it would be calming and give you something to take your mind off of stuff. Keep positive!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry to hear. Best of luck
Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear that. Stay positive... they told my grandma she had 6 months but it's been 2 years now and my grandpa had prostate and totally beat it. Unfortunately, last week he just got diagnosed with colon.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear this Josh, Ray had mentioned something about it to me but did not want to bring it up. Are hopes and prayers are with you. You might be better off to try to sell the LR, fish and corals first and hang on the tank for a little bit to see how you feel in a few months.

When my mom had to do chemo it was really rough for the first few months but it did get a little easier. Stay strong, keep postive and kick cancers ass.

Keep in touch I would like to know how you are doing. I might be in the area on Wednesday, so if you are home and feeling ok I would like to drop in. LMK

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 AM

catgoldfish is on a distinguished road

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself. I hope someone out there can take this wonderful setup off you.

Rod
Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 AM
bvlester

I think I can say it from everyone you know and don't that our thoughts, best wishes and prayers are with you. Sorry to hear this bad news my dad fought cancer and won only at a cost with chemo first and then radiation treatment.

Bill
Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM

cygmark is on a distinguished road

ttt
180 gallon reef tank with 80 gallon sump, 2 External overflow boxes ,3 drilled returns,Vertex 100 skimmer, Jager 250 watt heater, Stealth titanium 150 watt heater, 3-500 GPH return Aqua Globe pumps and 2 corelia power heads

My tank so far