Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-26-2009, 09:18 PM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road
Default help nudi invasion

hi i just got a zoo coral frag on thursday from a good store here today i noticed its not open looked at it and its covered in little grayish nudibranches (i think) they are small the biggest one i crushed about quarter inch long should i nuke the frag hate to do that how do i get rid of them are they gonna eat my zoos no experiance with these theres about 10 i seen on a golf ball sized frag never seen them before figure they where hicthn a ride.thanks for any info
Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

Should dip in a coral dip. API works wonders
Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
bvlester

take it out of your tank and dip if you do not have coral dip prazi pro will do it . or try a fresh water dip I don't know if fresh water will get ride of the nudi problem but it will get rid of many other pests. then QT it for the 4-6 weeks. get coral dip.

Bill
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

First thing first, Zoa eating nudies in a smaller tank are not that detrimental calm down take a breath and then lets solve this. An iodine dip of your current colonies followed by a very in-depth inspection is needed. Check for both Nudies and eggs, the nudies ingest the pigment of your zoa so they can be a little difficult to see. Use a turkey blaster while in the iodine bath to blow between your polyps (With some force) to dislodge any hiding Nudies. After you complete this, every night turn your lights on quickly to check for any extras. If you have the room I would recommend a yellow corris wrasse as these will naturally keep the population down.
Levi
Old 12-27-2009, 12:07 AM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road

found some api malefix marine under my tank forgot i had read directions(who needs thoses lol) added 4 cap fulls to an 8 oz glass of water droped frag in :BOOM: every little criter was nuked must hav seen 20 nudis some cop podes bristle worms and stars left in for 5 min blasted with baster and sucked out dead guys with eye droper put back in tank will hav to check for more tommorow i am in the process of settn up a qt tank goin with a 40 tall just need to find another small skimmer.lookn for another coralife 65 the one on my 75 gal works awsome (awsome to me anyway).thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Iodine dip

ALso a six line wrasse will help too.

Ken - BWA

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 12-27-2009, 05:23 PM

ReefJunkie is on a distinguished road

Inspect for nudi eggs, as dips wont kill the eggs and they don't wash off (super sticky)