Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: Can the RedSox beat the Yankees and win AL East?
No 4 22.22%
Yes 1 5.56%
Maybe 0 0%
I don't know 1 5.56%
Can you repeat the question? 1 5.56%
Screw off Troy this is a reef board 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2003, 05:33 PM

Troy F is on a distinguished road
Default Can the RedSox beat the Yankees and win the AL East?

I know Boston's starting rotation drops off pretty fast after Martinez and Lowe but their bullpen is decent and their offense is amazing this year. Could this finally be the year for the long suffering RedSox fan?

lusus naturae
Old 09-06-2003, 05:43 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Old 09-06-2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks Deb

I'm expecting it to be a close Poll.

lusus naturae
Old 09-06-2003, 05:51 PM

pluff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pluff

NOT!!

\"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
We\'re just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
Year after year.......\"(Hope it was cycled!)
Pink Floyd
Old 09-06-2003, 06:22 PM

Pluff, I thought all you maritimers bled BoSox blue and red.

lusus naturae
Old 09-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Alright, so apparently the majority of you don't really like baseball or lacrosse.

FWIW: the Sox handed the Yankees their worst shutout loss in years yesterday.

lusus naturae
Old 09-10-2003, 12:21 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

The who? The what?? Who is AL???

You got me with this one, Troy.

Wait, is it BASEBALL?!? What do I win??

Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 PM

Bunch of freakin' reef geeks!

lusus naturae
Old 09-12-2003, 05:02 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Nope, not gonna happen. I'm the farthest thing from a Yankees fan, but I don't think they can do it this year.

Here's what it boils down to:

Garciapara and Soriano are excellent hitting middle infielders that can make some spectacular plays, but they're both prone to making errors on routine balls. The guy who screws up least often will likely be on the winning team. Being that a bobbled ball at shortstop usually leads to a guy getting on base while at second base Soriano could still recover and record the out I'd say Garciapara's errors will prove to be more devastating.

Mariano Rivera doesn't seem to have the command or the presence that has made him a sure thing the last few years, but what he still has is that intangible - playoff experience. Byung-Hyun Kim has some playoff experience as well but we all know how pretty that was

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are hot right now, and if they can keep it up in the playoffs then that will give them a fighting chance. However, the Yankees pulled Luis Sojo out of the coaching staff to add to the lineup and with clutch hitting Nick Johnson the Yankees could pull themselves out of just about any hole in the playoffs

Guys who are likely to choke and be tagged with the goat label: David Wells, Byung-Hyun Kim, Jeff Weaver (if he sees the mound), Tim Wakefield, and Johnny Damon.

I'd personally like to see the Giants against the A's in a California battle (gotta like Oakland as a small market team that can succeed).
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 09-12-2003, 11:25 PM

Nope, not gonna happen. I'm the farthest thing from a Yankees fan, but I don't think they can do it this year.

Here's what it boils down to:

Garciapara and Soriano are excellent hitting middle infielders that can make some spectacular plays, but they're both prone to making errors on routine balls. The guy who screws up least often will likely be on the winning team. Being that a bobbled ball at shortstop usually leads to a guy getting on base while at second base Soriano could still recover and record the out I'd say Garciapara's errors will prove to be more devastating.

Neither has made more than 20 errors all year, do you think it'll be that much of a factor?

Mariano Rivera doesn't seem to have the command or the presence that has made him a sure thing the last few years, but what he still has is that intangible - playoff experience. Byung-Hyun Kim has some playoff experience as well but we all know how pretty that was I agree, although, Kim was still on the winning side. I'm not sure if he was voted MVP though .

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are hot right now, and if they can keep it up in the playoffs then that will give them a fighting chance. However, the Yankees pulled Luis Sojo out of the coaching staff to add to the lineup and with clutch hitting Nick Johnson the Yankees could pull themselves out of just about any hole in the playoffs

This is where Boston has a huge advantage if you ask me. They're a hitting machine this year. Bill Mueller is on fire. And to think I was choked when they got rid of Hillenbrand.

Guys who are likely to choke and be tagged with the goat label: David Wells, Byung-Hyun Kim, Jeff Weaver (if he sees the mound), Tim Wakefield, and Johnny Damon.

Hmmm...I have nothing to add other than; Kim will do fine (crossing fingers and praying to every known god in the universe).

I'd personally like to see the Giants against the A's in a California battle (gotta like Oakland as a small market team that can succeed).

It would make an alright series as long as there isn't an earthquake. I do like the small market angle. The A's have done an amazing job. I kind of like the idea of the Cubs and RedSox but then you're guaranteed to have a riot no matter who wins and who looses. Two cities likely go up in flames.

lusus naturae