Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 PM

rjengen is on a distinguished road
Default Tank Builders

Hey guys, new to the site & SW...a vet with FW (for what ever that's worth ) Anyways...First things first I guess and a tank is on the top of the list. I've thought about converting one of my FW tanks, but I can't bring myself to tearing down a tank and displacing my buddies, they're happy and that's all a guy could ask for. I'm looking for a 70-90g main, and plan on building a sump myself, so...who do you guys recommend in town for tanks that are reef ready...ei: easy to get along with, fair price, and (God forbid) straight up warranties on their craftmenship. I'm in Grande Prairie, planning on comming down next week or so to pick it up, so if you guys could save me travel time running around the city checking everyone out it would be much appreciated. Thanks, and I hope to have a journal started on the build soon!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I've gone through Aquarium Illusions more than once.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Richer is on a distinguished road

Check out Marine Aquaria. I've seen quite a few of the custom tanks they've built for their customers and have always been impressed by the workmanship.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Check out Marine Aquaria. I've seen quite a few of the custom tanks they've built for their customers and have always been impressed by the workmanship.
+1, and welcome to Canreef.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:06 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer View Post
Check out Marine Aquaria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirsphynx View Post
I've gone through Aquarium Illusions more than once.
Both use the same tank builder - Concept Aquariums - Concept does great work, I'm very pleased with my tank. Make sure you get quote from both Marine Aquaria and Aquarium Illusion. No point in paying more when they are built by the same people.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM

rjengen is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Both use the same tank builder - Concept Aquariums - Concept does great work, I'm very pleased with my tank. Make sure you get quote from both Marine Aquaria and Aquarium Illusion. No point in paying more when they are built by the same people.
Good to know...asked for a quote from both stores so hopefully I can get the ball rolling for my trip down there.

Dez, I just finished going through your tank build, you have some great idea's man, total inspiration man! The boss lady is going to hate me with what I have brewing in my head
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Actually I am quite sure this has changed as of quite recently. I don't think Concept Aquariums exists anymore. So now the tanks are made by different people. Talk to Josh at Marine Aquaria. He's a super nice guy.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjengen View Post
Dez, I just finished going through your tank build, you have some great idea's man, total inspiration man! The boss lady is going to hate me with what I have brewing in my head
Thanks. Any questions, feel free to PM me. I've learned a lot from the great people from this board along with other research. But the combined experience from others is second to none. Welcome again to Canreef.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

AI prices on tanks are ridiculously overpriced you can build your own for cheaper than going through them, they had a smaller cube and its was on sale for 1200 normally 1500 i got mine for 400 dollars. not even close. yes building yourself is kinda scary but just look around, but other than that i would definatly go with Marine Aquaria instead.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Actually I am quite sure this has changed as of quite recently. I don't think Concept Aquariums exists anymore. So now the tanks are made by different people. Talk to Josh at Marine Aquaria. He's a super nice guy.
I didn't know things had changed.. Thanks for the heads up and correcting me Dez.