Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Jordan_Oreo is on a distinguished road
Default LF "rare" zoo's

Hey, I am looking to add to my collection of zoo's . I am looking to buy some of the more "rare" ones. If anyone has any for sale please PM me.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Have you taken a look at www.wickedfrags.com

They are a sponsor here and everyone says they have great products and cust. service.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:24 PM

moppy is on a distinguished road
Default Frags

I just wanted to say that these guys (although they have really nice prodcuts and good service) are WAY< WAY< WAY overpricing their stuff and we need to stop paying these ridiculous prices. Taking a colony that was bought for $20 and breaking it into 20 pieces and charging $30 per frag is a big rip off. Just thought we should start taking a bit of a stand as prices are going up fast because we are willing to pay it, not because it's worth it.

note: this is about wicked frags at all, it's a lot of the dealers that are over charging for frags
Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 PM

Atomikk is on a distinguished road

moppy,

These colonies are not bought for just 20$. Trust me, I know the ins and outs of this. I am not going to go into the specifics, but most online retailers do not pay those prices, and then chop-shop them into a million frags.

Prices are actually normal and not inflated. If you want to look at inflated prices, venture to any online vendor in the USA. It is not even close.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:14 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppy View Post
I just wanted to say that these guys (although they have really nice prodcuts and good service) are WAY< WAY< WAY overpricing their stuff and we need to stop paying these ridiculous prices. Taking a colony that was bought for $20 and breaking it into 20 pieces and charging $30 per frag is a big rip off. Just thought we should start taking a bit of a stand as prices are going up fast because we are willing to pay it, not because it's worth it.

note: this is about wicked frags at all, it's a lot of the dealers that are over charging for frags
Do everyone a favor and stick to the $20 colonies of brown zoos if that's all you need, but don't bash good vendors who provide true collectors with the products they desire. It's not overpriced if someone buys it, simple as that.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 PM

edikpok is on a distinguished road

I will have to agree with moppy. Some of the prices are way overcharged - for example $7 for 1 polyp of zoanthid???? Yes, it is pretty but $7???

You see people here selling full colonies for cheaper than some of their frags...
Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road

If you want it buy it, if you don't then don't... Its that simple. I want to buy a new bmw m5, can I afford it? No. Am I gonna sit here and get mad cause its overpriced? I could but what's the point? Will I pay 7 per polyp? Yup if its what I want, if not, then no... Its that simple
Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 AM

bignose is on a distinguished road

My last order was expensive but my frags were amazing. They were ~30-$45 per frag which sounds expensive but I'll definately buy there again.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:49 AM

edikpok is on a distinguished road

I don't really know about "moppy" but I am not getting mad...I am just giving my opinion....I just do not see why chargin so much for small frags.... Needless to say that some of the frags on their website look beautiful though!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 AM

Drock169 is on a distinguished road

I must admit, i've paid lots for some of the frags I've purchased, and I've had some of those frags die. But if you really want something you end up paying for it, I spent 225 for 1 frag plus shipping years ago and dont regret it at all, I still have the coral and its still my favourite. If I want a frag and I think there price is reasonable I'll pay it. If i think its too expensive then I wont buy it and cross my fingers something similiar pops up at the LFS.