Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-04-2009, 04:42 AM

findingnemo1 is on a distinguished road
Default Rant....;)

Okay why is it that when ppl post there stuff for sale people feel the need to offer them not like 5 or 10 dollars less but like 100-150 dollars less?

I just don't understand. When i buy something off here i feel that they are already taking a big enough hit on it on it so i pay what they are asking.
Maybe because i know what its worth and am just happy not to have to pay brand new price.

I dunno...lol
Sorry but it just irks me.....;(

Old 07-04-2009, 04:52 AM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

I'd have to agree, lowballers suck.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:58 AM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
i'd have to agree, lowballers suck.
+1
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451
Old 07-04-2009, 04:59 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

because all you have to do is say nope to low.

you know that in Canada we are one of the few countrys in the world where we just pay what is asked.. in most of the other countries you are expected to deal and some places it is insulting if you don't try get a better deal. take the middle east for example, usaly you would offer about 1/2 of what they are asking.. they counter with "how am I going to feed my family for that amount" and come back with about 75%. then you tell them that is to much and offer about 65%. they may play again or accept it.. then they wrap it and have tea or some other drink with you. In greece it was grappa and you drink it even though I hated it . the tea part is very important also don't refuse it or they get upset.

I know this is not the middel east or the med but whats the harm in asking? don't you try for a deal in the fish stores?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:00 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with you on your rant. I was just reading the new posts and was wondering the same thing when I saw a member trying to low ball everybody on their tanks and gear. Funny thing is that the tanks are all different sizes, I don't think this person knows what they really want. This stuff is expensive to buy new and the prices being asked are very reasonable. Everyone is just trying to help each other out here, if someone has extra equipment they sell it to buy more equipment (or livestock) and the buyer gets a good deal, everybody benefits. We're all reefers here so let's try to be fair with our offers and prices.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:00 AM

what does get me though is when a price is agreed upon, say 100 bucks.. so you get everthing ready and the guy shows up then after its loaded he comes out with ''um.. all I got is 80.00 is that ok?"

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 07-04-2009, 05:05 AM

but I do thing that any offer for purchase is a private matter and should be done in privat not posted for everyone to see. it is non of anyones business on what you sell something or buy something for.

Steve

Old 07-04-2009, 05:09 AM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stircrazy View Post
but i do thing that any offer for purchase is a private matter and should be done in privat not posted for everyone to see. It is non of anyones business on what you sell something or buy something for.

Steve
+1
Old 07-04-2009, 05:28 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
but I do thing that any offer for purchase is a private matter and should be done in privat not posted for everyone to see. it is non of anyones business on what you sell something or buy something for.

Steve
I have to agree with you on that. I have bought a number of items from people on this forum and have always PM'd them. I don't want to put fellow members on the spot for everyone to see by haggeling in a public forum.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 AM

pastout is on a distinguished road

yup i definetly agree it realy sucks i dont mind someone offering me less but when you meet someone somewhere to make it more convient for them and they get there and are like hey would you take 10$ less just sucks.