Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 05-18-2009, 06:06 AM

Kostas is on a distinguished road
Default Fs: 90g bowfront reef tank (edmonton)

Alright sadly the time has come for me to sell my Oceanic 90g Bow Front reef tank

(As for now I’m looking and hoping to sell this as a complete set-up)

Price: $2600 o.b.o.

Equipment:

- 90g Oceanic Bow Front tank (drilled with overflow - comes with glass top also)
- Oceanic black matching stand with one tinted center glass door
- Oceanic sump kit #1 – with Rio 20hf pump (have a bag of bio balls, but I took those out and put live rock in the camber)
- Coralife 48” Lunar Aqua Light fixture – 4 X65W plus four lunar led moonlights (lights on raised on legs) – lights replaced less then a year ago, have receipt.
- 4-5” lay of live sand
- Kent Marine Protein Skimmer – with Rio 17hf pump.
- Two new koralia 3 pumps in the tank
- 4 buckets of salt (instant ocean and oceanic salt) (tons of empty buckets also)
- New bottles of stability, prime, purple up, aragmilk, reef builder, reef advantage calcium, coral vital to name a few – tons of reef test kits.
- Also I have a 25g tank with about 30-40lbs of lava rock I use to pre mix my salt water that comes with a heater and a Rio pump and a filter. (with canopy and lights)
- Frozen food to last over a year, plus NLS
- Plus a few extras items

Livestock:

- Breeding pair of tomato clown fish hosting in a large long tentacle anemone (was about 15” but it just split into two a few weeks ago)
- Over 200lbs of live rock most of it is covered beautifully with coralline algae.
- Candy cane coral -about 5 heads
- Elephant ear
- GPS coral on very small live rock, size of golf ball
- Live rock with red mushrooms and a bunch or yellow polyp corals
- Three bubble tip anemone
- Green frogspawn -four large heads
- Two torch corals, each about 4-6 heads
- Galaxy coral (size of a baseball)
- Blue mushrooms, pink mushroom
- Kenya tree
- Crabs and a few blue striped urchins

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for looking,
Kostas

Last edited by Kostas; 05-18-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:55 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank. Just curious if that's possible or not, I have seen 90g's with a little over a 100 pounds of LR in them and they looked fairly full so that is why I'm thinking 200 pounds would probably not fit.

Last edited by fishoholic; 05-18-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you're getting out Kostas.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM

subman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank. Just curious if that's possible or not, I have seen 90g's with a little over a 100 pounds of LR in them and they looked fairly full so that is why I'm thinking 200 pounds would probably not fit.
I have over 200# of LR in my 90 gal it does fit it's just really full of rock! I really need to take some out.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:

Yes more then 200lbs of live rock could fit in a 90g
(for any interested buyers I would be more then happy to weight it for them at my place)

I know the rule of thumb is one pound per gallon, but I like the look of lots of live rock in my tank and I always view it as extra "filter media” as it helps improve the water quality.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirsphynx View Post
Sorry to hear you're getting out Kostas.

Oh I know it was a very difficult decision
– but I’ll be travelling over seas next year and I’ll be gone for 6months, perhaps a year.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 AM

Skimmin is on a distinguished road
Default Lr

I used to have over 300lbs in my 120gal and it wasnt that crowded. Looks like alot of liverock in that pic to me!
300 Gal 6x3x28 high Starphire peninsula w/external herbie/bean animal hybrid +150 Gal custom sump with 30gal fuge section, (both built by Concept Aquariums Calgary), 3x Ecotech Radion xr30w g2's(soon to be G3 Pros), Jebao DCT 12000 return pump, 2x Jebao RW 20 powerheads, Tunze Ato, Vertex ro/di, Reef Octopus Ext 200 skimmer run internally.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:08 PM

bump
Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I have over 200# of LR in my 90 gal it does fit it's just really full of rock! I really need to take some out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Yes more then 200lbs of live rock could fit in a 90g
(for any interested buyers I would be more then happy to weight it for them at my place)

I know the rule of thumb is one pound per gallon, but I like the look of lots of live rock in my tank and I always view it as extra "filter media” as it helps improve the water quality.
Sorry, I just didn't realize that 200 pounds would fit
Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just wondering, I notice that it's a 90g tank you're selling that has over 200 pounds of live rock in it. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do suck at math) but I didn't think 200 pounds of live rock could fit into a 90g tank.
there are lots of different densities of rock available, I had over 260lbs of rock in my 90 originaly, about 4 years later I got rid of some and went to about 180lbs. I had mostly fairly dense jakarta rock If I was using branch fuji I probably would be luckey to get 180 lbs in the tank.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.