Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Banned

kafug is on a distinguished road
Default new tank setup

hi i'm looking in to a 94 gallon bow front corner tank just wondering if anyone has any expericne with them how are they.would it be good for a saltwater setup

Last edited by kafug; 04-27-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Welcome to canreef!The only real challenge with corner tanks lighting. Other than that its just another tank shape Oh, and Ive read that creating a wave (if thats the direction you were thinking) is almost impossible.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694

Last edited by fishytime; 04-27-2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

kafug is on a distinguished road
Default new tank setup

I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for switching tanks. Ihave a little 15 gallon setup right now but im starting a 94 gallon. Will i have 2 let the new tank setup for a long time or can i just start using the water out of my 15 gallon ever time i change the water and mix it in with new saltwater? An tips two make this a little easier would be great. And same thing with me sand can i just mix it in with new sand? I'm new at the whole saltwater thing so i don't know much
Old 04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I moved the thread for you. Should get a better response and help here.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Take some sand out of your present tank, to help seed the new tank. Take ALL the sand in whatever area your tanking the sand from. If you just skim the sand surface, then it will releace nitrates and other bad into the water. Use your water form a water change too. That will help speed up the cycle time.

Still, monitor tank params, and when the params have finished spiking, and are on the way down, it will be safe to start slowly adding inhabitants.

ANd corner tanks can be tricky to house gear. Sumps etc. I know, going for my 2nd one here today. Lighting, I had T5 over mine, which was lighting it all just fine. Trying a 175WMH right now, which I think is to close spread on light with the shade I have. Doesn't light the edges like the T5 did, but the corals in the center are doing great now.

Umm, a tank or 5

Last edited by banditpowdercoat; 04-28-2009 at 03:38 PM.