Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Default My Purple Hornet Zoanthids WONT OPEN

I bought purple hornet Zoos on sunday and they have not opened yet. i was told they came in rough but should be ok. bought them due to rarity. maybe they are rare for this reason. anyhow... wondering if anyone has had these zoos before... or a similar problem with zoos? any suggestions for me? all my other zoanthids Are doing good.

Last edited by paddyob; 04-28-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Vendor name
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

sometimes it takes zoanthids a while to open up. I had some that didn't open for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden they were out and happy. Keep an eye on them to make sure they aren't withering away...
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

WHAT!!!!! I seen those when i was in there a week ago and he wouldnt sell them to me!

They are very nice Zoa's did you get the big piece they came in on or did you get some smaller frags.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
I bought purple hornet Zoos from aquarium illusions on sunday and they have not opened yet. i was told they came in rough but should be ok. bought them due to rarity. maybe they are rare for this reason. anyhow... wondering if anyone has had these zoos before... or a similar problem with zoos? any suggestions for me? all my other zoanthids Are doing good.

Did you carefully inspect to ensure that there are no parasites hiding between the zoas. If not do so now so that your other zoas do not become infected.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 PM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
WHAT!!!!! I seen those when i was in there a week ago and he wouldnt sell them to me!

They are very nice Zoa's did you get the big piece they came in on or did you get some smaller frags.
Sorry to hijack but I am curious, are these the real purple hornet's or the look a likes? Is there more available?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

I never seen them before so kind of took his word for it. I seen them and then went online after and they looked like purple hornets. i didnt get a good look at the skirt though. Maybe the OP could post a picture for us.

They looked really good in store and all of them except for 2 or 3 polyps were open when I seen them on thursday.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 PM

Default Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Did you carefully inspect to ensure that there are no parasites hiding between the zoas. If not do so now so that your other zoas do not become infected.
When you say parasite... what would it look like... there is a little pod like critter... kinda shiny running on it and has been since i got it.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Default Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

i only got a frag thats on a piece of slate. i have other nice zoos and seem to be ok so im worried they have not opened.

Last edited by paddyob; 04-28-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: delete
Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

i too saw them but i thought they were blue steel zoas, anyways, didnt look like they were going to make it when i saw em so i didnt by them. but kinda thinking about it. good luck with them, they will probably die sorry bud. they were in rough condition, hopefully you can get at least one polyp to live.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 AM

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
i too saw them but i thought they were blue steel zoas, anyways, didnt look like they were going to make it when i saw em so i didnt by them. but kinda thinking about it. good luck with them, they will probably die sorry bud. they were in rough condition, hopefully you can get at least one polyp to live.
they were not open when i was there... They Showed me a pic in a reef magazine and said that was them. hmmm. whats the difference?

Last edited by paddyob; 04-28-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread