Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 PM

Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Default New Store Possibility

Hey All,

I've been seriously looking into opening a store front in Spruce Grove. Part of that would be seeing if folks from the Capital Reigion would think it worth while to make a trip out to the Grove for quaility product and close to JL pricing. Would you rather buy hardware locally or online if the prices were close? Would you be willing to wait a couple of days if your product wasn't in stock vs ordering online?

I appreciate any comments.

Jeremy
Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

If there was something I wanted with a good price on it from your store I would drive out and buy it from you rather then wait on shipping.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 PM

vazgor is on a distinguished road

i would rather buy from someone localy its'that helping the neibor thing as long as the prices were close like with in 10-15% and if i had to wait for shiping well the cheapest would win
Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 PM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

I think there is room for a quality reseller in Edmonton, doing things well. That's not too far away. There isn't anyplace in Edmonton that I'm very enthused with shopping at right now. There isn't room for another weak entry, though.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:30 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Had my tank up for awhile and not really looking to upgrade but if I was I'd be shopping for best price. If you could match JL's price (which I imagine would be rather hard) might go for a drive. Most things I do buy aren't really big bucks, then not that frequently (eg bulbs).

Livestock find I get most off fellow Canreefers so not really interested there.

One thing though that might relate, when I'm selling frags surprising how many people will pass when they find out were not on the same side of the city.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 AM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road
Wink

I think Edmonton and surrounding areas could use a really well stocked store. I would rather drive to Spruce Grove (from east of Sherwood Park) to pick up hardware rather than do mail order. I would also like to see a store stock more of the unusual livestock such as gorgonians, colorful multi colored zoanthids, acans and more variety of LPS.

Instead of going to a local southside LFS bi-weekly, I would travel to Spruce Grove. Unfortunatly after driving there twice in a row and finding nothing new I would probably not make the drive again.

On another thought, I would like to have a new store become a sponsor of Canreef so we could discuss when the new shipments come in. Would really rather you were in Sherwood Park.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 AM

68shelby is on a distinguished road
Default Spruce store

If the price is right and you have the stuff I want I would definitely drive to Spruce. That being said compared to the other stores in edmonton how would your pricing match up? Because honestly they are outrageous on some things.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 AM

ocean diver is on a distinguished road

Hey a little off topic, but is Saltwater Fantasies still around?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 AM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I would drive to Spruce(45 mins or so from Bon Accord) for a good deal like J&L offers & unusal, quality livestock. I get frustrated driving into Edmonton and travelling from one end of the city to the next just to see if I can find something I might be interested in(I've done this twice in 3 days). So being a Canreef sponsor(who frequently updates!!) would be a big plus for me as well.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

agreed, if you can match jl prices almost, it is worth it, and more hard to find corals and fish, and well taken care of tanks. doesnt have to be big, but to get it locally is what id prefer also.