Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default ok so it is on

I have put in my release for the beginign of september, and now I have to start looking for a house in Kamloops area.

question number 1, snow removal, how is it in the pinantan area? and how windy is the road. Is it good in Barnhartvale?

I am sure I will have more as time goes on

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:06 AM

tgoeujon is on a distinguished road

from what ive seen pinatan sucks for snow removal. barhartvale gets the same treatment as the rest of kamloops. lookin forward to another reef in the area
any kamloops people wanna correct me, im only there on weekends so im sure other people know more
Old 02-05-2009, 06:02 AM

wolf_bluejay is on a distinguished road
Default Pinantan -- not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I have put in my release for the beginign of september, and now I have to start looking for a house in Kamloops area.

question number 1, snow removal, how is it in the pinantan area? and how windy is the road. Is it good in Barnhartvale?

I am sure I will have more as time goes on

Steve
Well, I just spend the past 2 weeks going back and forth working in pinantan. The road is quite windy, and a lot of elevation going up there. It take about 28 minutes from downtown to get there. Total of about 300-400 people, 1 store, and 1 school. If bad weather hits, it can be 4x4 needed to get home, or a good driver. They are technically not part of Kamloops, and therefore do NOT have any fire protection, or fire department at all (they are trying to get a volunteer FD). That said, there is some REALLY nice homes built up that way.
Of course they do have pinantan lake that is apparently nice for fishing in the middle of town.

Barnhartvale is part of the city and gets city street plowing,water and sewer. Still about 15-20 minutes from town, but straight off the highway. That and they have a PUB, I'm just never going to drive 30 minutes to get a beer

I highly recommend spending a day just driving around the different areas if you're looking for edge of town space. I'd check out : barnhartvale, Heffley creek, Mclure (if the ferry is open, cross and check out black pines) , pinantan, cherry creek, savona (maybe), rayleigh and maybe even pritchard.
It seems that Kamloops has a lot of outlying areas and each has it's own "personality", some squeezed into the mountains, some out on the flats, with VERY different kinds of people that live in each area.

I end up travelling to pretty much all of them. Some, when you are outside having a smoke, people will just walk up and start a conversation. Others, you get the evil eye and a sneer.

Do remember, places like pinantan and paul lake end up quite different in each season, they attract a summer crowd of tourists/swimmers/finshing and get much more busy (and quite in the winter). Where Heffley creek gets busy in the winter with the ski hill just up from it, and more quite in the summer.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_bluejay View Post
I highly recommend spending a day just driving around the different areas if you're looking for edge of town space. I'd check out : barnhartvale, Heffley creek, Mclure (if the ferry is open, cross and check out black pines) , pinantan, cherry creek, savona (maybe), rayleigh and maybe even pritchard.
ya we have driven to a few before. we are looking to be within a 30 min drive to down town as thats where the wife will be working.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM

id suggest cherry creek. its nice, quiet, and has some decent views around. plus with all the development out the property value is goin to go nuts.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoeujon View Post
id suggest cherry creek. its nice, quiet, and has some decent views around. plus with all the development out the property value is goin to go nuts.
is that west of kamloops? I haven't seen much on the mls for out there.

Steve

Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM

its towards savona, which also is a decent place to be, and is just within the half hour to town spec you were goin for
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM

hmm we will have to check out that dirextion.

On a side note anyone know of any good jobs opening up around the end of September LOL

Steve