Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-31-2009, 03:59 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road
Default Mini Bubble King 160 Owners

Can someone please tell me what the min. and max. and optimal water heights are for this skimmer? I'm trying to firm up my sump design and want to get the sump designed before the skimmer arrives.

Thanks
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 01-31-2009, 04:51 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

I have a BK Mini 180 and the water level you want in your sump is just a little under 9". The only way I was able to keep it at that level was with an auto top off. When you take the collection cup off while your skimmer is running the bubbles should be right at the top without spilling over. I found that it skims the best that way. Good luck as BubbleKings come without a instructions.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM

randallino is on a distinguished road

"The lower water level of the Mini Bubble King should not be below 13 cm and shouldn’t exceed 30 cm. The best matching water level is between 20 and 25 cm."
I love my 160 I have had for nearly 2 years.
You can find the guide here:http://www.royal-exclusiv.de/forum/w...tachmentid=324
Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Thanks Madreefer and randallino.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"