Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital
Default Reef stores in Kelowna.

Are there any other LFS in Kelowna beside Interior Reef?.. I am gonna be there this weekend, and wanted to do the rounds..

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 PM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

Reef Keepers - 925 Dundee Road - Ran out of home, call 862-3434 to make sure they will be there.

Pet City - 5-3151 Lakeshore Road - (250) 762-5511

Interior Reef is typically the best, which is why they sell out of stock with-in the first few days of getting it. Luckily they get in stock on a regular basis, have some great stuff and keep their web site updated on when they are getting more. Great prices as well.

Reef Keepers always have stuff, but coral selection is slim, rarely SPS. Prices are a little high though.

Pet City much the same, nice healthy fish, however mostly softies with some LPS. Prices are highest in town.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM

I just read about your 75. If you want to come take a look at mine, I'll be in town all weekend. Just give me a call. 250-864-9492
Old 08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

If you're coming from Calgary, there's a good chance you are going through Vernon.

There are two stores with SW here, both a little expensive but the odd good deal can be had.

AJ's Pets 3219 31st Ave

Complete Pet Mart -- 2814 44th Ave

I agree with Phillybean above, Interior Reef has the best prices and probably the nicest stock in the interior. One thing that Complete Pet does have is a nano tank set up with a variety of nano tank inhabitants (meaning the right size) which we don't see a lot around here.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybean View Post
I just read about your 75. If you want to come take a look at mine, I'll be in town all weekend. Just give me a call. 250-864-9492
Thanks for the list! I will give you a call if I find some time to swing by, flying and not having a vehicle limits my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
If you're coming from Calgary, there's a good chance you are going through Vernon.

There are two stores with SW here, both a little expensive but the odd good deal can be had.

AJ's Pets 3219 31st Ave

Complete Pet Mart -- 2814 44th Ave

I agree with Phillybean above, Interior Reef has the best prices and probably the nicest stock in the interior. One thing that Complete Pet does have is a nano tank set up with a variety of nano tank inhabitants (meaning the right size) which we don't see a lot around here.
I am actually flying into Kelowna tonight, so I won't be making it up to Vernon this trip, I don't think anyways.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Pet City much the same, nice healthy fish, however mostly softies with some LPS. Prices are highest in town.
No, Total Pet is the highest in town!!! Pet City's fish are definately high priced, but their corals are often decently priced. I have found most of my hidden gems at Pet City.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 PM

Really? I don't even go in Total pet because their tanks look so bad. Pet City does have some nice stuff, I have a few nice finds as well, but they higher priced then Interior Reef and Reefkeepers, IMO.

JDigital - Pet City is only a few blocks away from where I live, so if your in the area...I'm curious to hear your feedback since you also have a 75.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

75% of my nicest corals came from Pet City, and most of them were priced within 15% of what J&L would have had them priced at. Pet City is my favourite place to buy corals by far. In almost every order they get in there is one or two corals that are 'A' grade, and they aren't priced any higher than the others. Keep your eyes open and scoop up the good ones because the ones that aren't as nice as priced just the same!

I go to Total Pet if I want Nassarius snails as they used to be the only ones in town that carried them, but I think Interior Reef does now too.

I don't usually find that ReefKeepers has much for corals, but they tend to get nicely colored Euphyllias. Their coral prices are usually quite good.

Interior Reef gets lots of nice stuff for good prices as well. I haven't bought much livestock off him mainly due to my tank being full.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Really? I don't even go in Total pet because their tanks look so bad. Pet City does have some nice stuff, I have a few nice finds as well, but they higher priced then Interior Reef and Reefkeepers, IMO.

JDigital - Pet City is only a few blocks away from where I live, so if your in the area...I'm curious to hear your feedback since you also have a 75.
I will see what I can do.. haha I am staying on the east end of town.. 2 mins from the airport up in Quail Ridge.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Nice area to stay...but far from town.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.